Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thursday grillin'!

 Hi there!  I've been busy and trying to get my Big Rocks done but it is slow going because I still need clean clothes and meals cooked and general cleanliness which doesn't leave a lot of time left over.  I am walking each morning and watering outside.  Today I also checked my oil and tire pressure on my SUV.  I have to get a step stool out to check the oil! LOL!  I also marinated some chicken with a recipe my daughter gave me and I am going to grill it on my indoor grill on my stove top.  I rarely use that grill but I'm going to start.  Here's the marinade all set to go!

and the grill is waiting............

I also made a dessert............Christmas Crack which I usually only make at Christmas but I am making an exception because I had all the ingredients..........

I also cleaned out a cupboard and looking at my Pinterest boards I discovered a good use for my slide out drawer..............everything fits perfectly in here and no more looking in the cupboard with all kinds of things piled on top of them.....this is awesome! 

I also saw a cute trick to use in the bathroom.  When you go to put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder....put some essential oil on the inside of the cardboard and every time you unroll there will be a fresh scent released into the air.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to!

I hope you had a good day!

Happy Trails!!!
 




9 comments:

diane in northern wis said...

Hope your grilling goes well. How do you make your Christmas Crack....it looks good! Thanks for such a newsy blog....I enjoy it!

Betsy said...

Oh, I love Christmas Crack. Now I'm craving it. I used to have a drawer in the kitchen island that I used like you have. It was so handy to be able to see at a glance what I had.
I admit I've gotten lax about checking tires and oil. Ilet Dennis take care of those things.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leigh said...

Aw, I was hoping to see some grilled chicken! lol. I did some Christmasy baking yesterday too--fruitcake cookies. I froze some to save for Christmas.

Between Me and You said...

You're so organised with your Christmas Crack. I would love to know how to make it. It always amuses me that because one lives alone, people assume that you have all the time in the world and can't believe it when you say, 'I didn't have time to do this or that'. What they don't realise is, it takes you twice as long to do some things on your own! Even when I was married, most of the workload fell to me so it's no biggie to just get on with things like checking the oil and water and tyre pressure of the car anyway! Have a great weekend my friend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Christmas Crack looks yummy! Essential oils clog Far Guy up...they are one of the worst things for him:(

Diana said...

Okay, as with everyone else, you have to share your Christmas Crack recipe lol. And I thought we'd get a cyber taste of your grilled chicken! You are keeping us drooling here, Sam!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the essential oils idea. I have mine out because I'm using some of them to help with the headaches I've been having. Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

Raewyn said...

I've finally got myself here after you shared your new blog address with me! Nice to have a read of what you've been doing. I hope the weather is cooling off for you by now? Your cooking and baking look/sound delicious!!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com