Monday, September 21, 2020

Craziness!!!

 See this beautiful gentle Miss Peeps sleeping quietly?  Well, inside hides a monster! 

I had just turned out the light and laid my head down and she jumped on the bed above my head and went over my pillow.  I thought she'd settle in but all of a sudden she attacked me! She hit me hard with her paw and cut my lip and scratched my face up.  I was bleeding like a stuck hog and was so shocked.  I got her out of my room and shut my bedroom door while trying to stop the bleeding.  I was really hurt that my sweet Miss Peeps would do such a thing.  I've had lots of cats and many were feral farm cats and never did any of them ever do anything like that.   If I had been asleep I may have thought it could have been a bug on me but I had just laid down so I don't think that was the case.  I googled it and it is not unusual evidently.  Well, Miss Peeps is now spending her nights in the basement again and from now on.  I won't let her on my bed in the morning or on the back of my chair when I am sitting.  I won't let her anywhere near my face.  Live and learn.  I'm lucky she didn't get my eyes!

On another strange occurrence, something has been eating my tomatoes but just parts of them....well, I just happened to be looking out the window and saw 2 birds go into my tomato "bushes"!  Sure enough they were eating my tomatoes!  I googled it and yes....birds will eat tomatoes and other garden vegetables too! I never knew that!  When I had my farm I had 2 dogs that ran free and cats outside and never had a problem except with raccoons in my peach trees but here I have no dogs and no outside cats so I am a sitting duck for all these animals.  But I managed to get some beans that the deer didn't and some tomatoes that the birds left alone!


 

The squirrels are gathering their nuts and the spiders are making lots and lots of webs!

As for Book Date........I can't remember if I told you I finished 50 Acres and a Poodle.  It was very good and different than what I expected.  I truly enjoyed it!

I'm still reading My Grandfather's Blessings but like I said,  each chapter is like an essay and it is so full of wisdom that you need time to digest it before reading more.  I'll be getting her other book or books for sure!


  I started reading another fiction Nancy Drew..........so far so good but I do wonder how an 18 year old girl can get the police to follow her orders?  LOL!


I'm also listening to an audio book that was a good deal on Modern Miss Darcy.   She sends me emails about bargain books that she gives her seal of approval to and she has good taste in books IMHO.

This is great to listen to while knitting my Brill Shawl............

I've been listening to podcasts again and the weather channel when there are live reports.  The podcasts are Kitten Stitcher and Celeste Creates and some new ones which I tried but didn't care for.  So that's all for this week!  What have you been reading, watching and/or listening to?

Happy Trails!!!






11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Why would a cat turn on it's owner? That is kind of scary. So glad she missed your eyes. I never realized birds liked tomatoes. Learned something new. They always pecked our apricots.

diane in northern wis said...

I've never heard of a cat owner experiencing what you did with your cat? Was she wild before you got her? How long have you had her? I find that very strange indeed and it would leave me very unsettled. I wonder if she has the beginnings of a brain tumor or something. Wishing you all the best. I wouldn't let her in the room with you at night either.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You never know with cats...we had one that would attack the nearest person if something scared him and we never knew exactly what scared him. One time it was the phone ringing and I still have the scar. They never look like a monster!

Leigh said...

Naughty Miss Peeps! We've had some unpredictable cats like that. Maybe the change in weather's got her feisty.

I'm reading the second book in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon series. Also spending a lot of time outdoors since the weather's so nice. Fall garden to plant!

Cousin Kay said...

Sheesh! Glad you're okay.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

From what I've read it is usually at night when they get a burst of energy or get over stimulated. I wasn't playing with her or anything. I think she knows it was bad as she listens to everything I tell her now and she has learned very quickly that she cannot get on my bed or chair anymore.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

She was feral but only 4 weeks old when I found her. She is an indoor cat and she bonded with me like I was her mother. She follows me everywhere and lays at my feet like a dog. I hope she doesn't have a brain tumor!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I learned they can be very unpredictable.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I've not heard of that book(s). I'll have to look into them. I've got painting to do.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

So far so good. You can get bad infections from cat scratches and/or bites. Thanks, I was just thinking about you and was going to send an email to see how you were doing...I will soon! LOL!

Betsy said...

I can imagine that was scary. None of our cats ever did that but I ust went over and googled it and you are right. It's not uncommon. Please be sure to keep the scratches clean with neosporin or something similar on them.
I didn't know birds ate tomatoes either. There are so many pests that sometimes I wonder how anyone harvests anything!
Blessings,
Betsy