Thursday, September 17, 2020

I'm still alive!!!

 I'm sorry I haven't blogged or even read blogs.  Fall arrived here or at least the temperature dropped and I was able to get outside and get some work done!  Here in Arkansas, Spring and Fall are short lived.   It is either too hot or too wet or too dry.  But there is a short window of opportunity to get outside work done.  So, I'm trying to take advantage of it.  I hope you are all fine.  I got the lawn mowed and got groceries yesterday.  I've placed some orders too.............I have Fall projects and maintenance to do.

Walmart stops carrying mulch in July and plus with Covid I wasn't going to go to their garden center.  But I lucked out big time!  I checked Amazon and I could get my favorite mulch with free shipping!  I ordered 10 bags as my few nice beds have gotten strangled with weeds because I didn't get any mulch put on this year.   I love this mulch because it doesn't discolor!  It still looks great from last year if you push the weeds aside! LOL!

I also broke down and ordered another Keurig coffee maker.  I am very disappointed in the Nespresso.  I find their coffees bitter and it was definitely not worth the price.  I ordered this Keurig and my favorite coffee.....Carribou


I also ordered paint for my eaves, outside doors and garage door........it can also be used inside.  It is semi-gloss Kilz Paint and Primer in one.  The color is cupcake frosting and I think it will look nice with the orange brick.  I got it all through Walmart except the mulch which is coming from Amazon.

If any of you remember, I have been struggling with cleaning my grout in both my bathrooms that have tile on the floor.  I've tried different methods and I got some of it clean but what a mess.  Well, there just happened to be a You Tube video from This Old House on that exact topic.  I haven't tried it yet but those guys are experts!  

Here's the recipe if you are interested....

pour vinegar on the grout lines (a section at a time)

mix some baking soda and water in a plastic drinking glass

you scrub with a grout brush (something fairly stiff)  I happen to have a grout brush and it makes it easier without banging your knuckles!)

It was live on my pc screen and I saw it work!  Then you seal it with grout sealer every year.  I have never liked tile but it was already here in the house.

Here is the exact sealer they used and I can get it on Amazon when the time comes.  It was highly rated too!  It has a little brush in the tip to apply it.  This is only good for floors as it will drip on walls but you could use the sealer but just not the applicator.  If you want to do walls you should put some in a bowl and use a sponge brush or something  that won't run or drip.  These are screen shots from Amazon and Walmart so I apologize for the blurriness.

That's all for today folks!  I'll try and catch up with all of you as soon as possible!  Now, it's back to work!

Happy Trails!!!
 


 
 

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's very nice to have a good cup of coffee! We deserve it! heehee! Enjoy your afternoon!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are okay and just busy! I was getting worried!
I use Mr Clean Magic Erasers on the grout...I should reseal my grout this winter section by section as we have lots of tile...I love tile!

Leigh said...

Good old YouTube. That's always the place to find answers! Thanks for the recipe to clean grout. That's very good to know.

Betsy said...

I was just thinking about you this morning and thinking I needed to contact you somehow and make sure all was well. It sounds like you have a lot of jobs ready and waiting for you. Big jobs too! I cleaned all of the grout in our house last spring. Probably a good thing since we sold the house but I'm glad that I don't have any tile in the camper
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I have tried and tried to like the Nespresso coffee but it is bitter and acidic. It will be good for lattes and fancy coffees but for everyday I like my Keurig and my Carribou!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I've got one of those Mr. Erasers...I'll try that first. You can have your tile! LOL! I'll take wood or linoleum and no carpet. :)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

If only I had had You Tube when I was raising my children and fixing up an old house!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I was thinking of you with all the smoke and fires! I hope you are all okay!