Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Treasures and a productive Wednesday!

 I got 2 books in the mail yesterday. Both books had been recommended by pod casters I listen to.  One is a book about introverts which I consider myself to be.  I never realized it for years and although I can socialize with the best of them it is draining to me and a little socializing goes a long way.  I will be interested to read this book as it was recommended by another introvert!  


The other book is a cross stitch book by a French designer.  I had seen her designs on Pinterest but realizing she was in France I never dreamed I would ever see her designs in print here in the U.S.  Well, lo and behold.....here it is.  The thing that attracted me to her designs was her children.  They reminded me of the 40's or 50's and they were just so sweet!  I loved them.  Here's the book and a few examples...but you'll  have to buy the book if you want the patterns.  I got both of these on Amazon.

  Even her animals are from a time long ago.............so precious!

Look at those sweet little children...........


Lots of small little projects too that would be quick to stitch up.

Yesterday I was making stock in the InstaPot.  I had tried using it awhile back but I couldn't get it to work so I figured I needed to sit down with the instruction manual as I must have done something wrong.  Well, no.  The InstaPot doesn't work.  It turns itself off as soon as it is preheated.  I tried several times to no avail.  Unless someone out there knows something I don't know.  Please inform me as this is money down the drain for sure.  I got it shortly before Jim passed and with all of that I never paid anymore attention to it so no warranty...nada!  The lights go off on the screen too.  So, this morning I was going to make it in the crock pot but it wouldn't all fit in so I had to get my big stockpot out and it has been simmering on the stove all day.  The house smells delicious and I will probably turn it off tonight and cook it some more in the morning.  It takes a total of 15 hours to get all the goodies out of the bones.


It's been raining on and off for days now and some areas of Arkansas are flooded.  I've been cleaning and trying to get things prepped for Fall!  I cleaned my bathroom and polished a window frame and put up clean curtains.  I'm still working on my September Sampler on breaks. I hope you are enjoying September so far.

Happy Trails!!! 







 


8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Oh my. I can not think of why your insta-pot would be shutting itself off as soon as it comes to temperature to pressure cook. Is there a cook time set on it? Try
to google the issue? That is too much $$$ to throw it out. You might even try their customer service as they will help for free even if it is not in warranty.

Those cross stitch animals and children are so precious. Will look forward to seeing some of them done up.

Betsy said...

My Insta-pot has never done that so I'm no help at all. I love mine and it was even one of the few items I brought to the trailer to use.
I have never made my own stock and I need to google it and give it a try.
Those cross stitch photos are so sweet. I'm like you and love the animals and little children. The "old" days beckon me more and more with all of the craziness in the world.
Although I love people, I have always needed my time alone. As a child I would read for hours and hours at a time. As an adult I have no problem being by myself all day even though I do have Chloe's company.
We could sure use some of your rain. We have fires everywhere and yesterday my eyes and nose were running like crazy. I couldn't figure out why until I stepped outside. The smoke was heavy in the air and actually stung my eyes. I couldn't see more than a block away. Today the smoke is gone but the winds are strong which is NOT good for anything except blowing the smoke away. It's HOT too. A bad combination. Wind and heat.
Take care my dear friend and enjoy your projects and books.
Blessings,
Betsy

Martha said...

Unfortunately sounds like you got a lemon. That really stinks. Glad you were still able to make your stock. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for that advice! I will try those ideas.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Stay safe! It seems it's"feast or famine" with the weather. I believe in climate change so I think it will get worse instead of better until we start taking better care of our world and environment.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

The story of my life! LOL!

Between Me and You said...

What is the difference between an insta-pot and a crock pot, please? I can almost smell your wonderful stock from here! I love the French illustrations, they're so vintagey-sweet. You're such a busy bee!

Far Side of Fifty said...

what cute designs! That should keep you busy!