Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Duh! I totally forgot to blog yesterday!

 I am distracted by the beautiful weather and fall right now.  It was Book Date yesterday and I have finished several books this past week and have started some new ones.  I am still 20 books behind schedule and have 40 more books to read before the end of December to meet my Good Reads Challenge.

I finished 2 Nancy Drew books.  They are not too long usually 180 -200 pages and they keep my interest. 



Next I'll be reading book #8 in the Nancy Drew series......Nancy's Mysterious Letter

I also finished My Grandfather's Blessings...such a wonderful book.........

I need to pick out another non-fiction to read and also my magazine which was left in the kitchen when I was using their sourdough recipe! LOL!  I've been watching politics, news, and some of my favorite podcasts....Celeste Creates, Brenda and the Serial Starter, Luminous Fibers with Misty Percell, Kitten Stitcher, Colorado Stitcher and The real Housewives of Cross Stitch.  I've watched several Miss Fisher's Mysteries.

What have you been reading, watching and/or listening to this week?  Oh, and tonight is the first presidential debate if I can stay up that long! LOL!

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

Becki said...

I have often found young adult books to be interesting. I (sort of) remember Nancy Drew - though I think they were my sister's books. My own sons among my favorite reads some younger people's books that my sons introduced me to. The original Tripods Trilogy comes immediately to mind. And science fiction isn't even a favorite genre.

Becki said...

Well, I hope you could make sense of what I wrote above. lol

Miss Merry said...

I have the complete set of my mother's Cherry Ames nurse series. You are inspiring me to dust them off and re-read them. Hers were printed during WW2 and are on very fragile paper with plain binding.

Betsy said...

I had completely forgotten the Cherry Ames nurse books until I read Miss Merry's commment. I read all of them when I was in grade school, along with every Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys I could find. I'm so happy to be able to say that our kids inherited Dennis's and my love of reading. None of us would ever be found without a book nearby in the process of being read.
I love the covers on your Nancy Drew books.
I've been listening to a lot of Pandora radio. Alex bought me a bluetooth speaker when he was home last Thanksgiving and I have it here in the trailer. I can listen to my favorite music all day through my phone and bluetooth speaker and it never stops.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm finally slowing down in the garden, so I may be reading again soon. And journaling. I haven't done either for a while now. Hope all is well with you too.

Between Me and You said...

Trying to get as much done in the garden as is humanly possible for one old bird before the onset of winter. I listened to the Trump/Biden debate last night but in the main, all I could hear were three elderly men arguing and shouting at each other (even the host joined in!). I'm just about to finish an Ann Cleeves book, set in Shetland and featuring her detective, Jimmy Perez.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com