Thursday, September 3, 2020

The rain finally stopped!

 I loved the rain but some places had flooding which is not so good.  I finally got my bone broth finished.  I only got 4 cups after starting with 12 cups of water but it is rich and full of vitamins!  I put 2 cups is each bag and then freeze it flat.

I always get the cleaning bug in the fall.  I wish I would get it more often actually! LOL!  I'm not a Spring cleaner as much as a Fall cleaner.  I guess because the summer is spent outside but the winter is spent inside.  

I also ordered groceries today that I will go pickup in the morning.  I got some treats for the holiday weekend....some non-dairy ice cream, hot dogs and buns and dip and chips  and some Payday candy bars.  I rarely eat candy but every once in awhile I get a craving.  It should be a fun weekend!  What are your plans for Labor Day?  I'll probably mow once it dries out and I hope the temps are going down.  We'll see when the sun comes out!

Happy Trails!!!





9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad your rain stopped, it is chilly here. I have never made bone broth...rarely buy anything with bones:)

Martha said...

Glad the rain has stopped and that you got your delicious bone broth done. No Labor days plans for us, still staying home here. I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend :)

Leftycrafter said...

I like deep cleaning in the fall and winter too. Not to mention baking more......yummy. Your bone broth looks very rich and delightful. All that rain should make for some more flowers blooming, right?

Cousin Kay said...

I've never tried making bone broth. I need some bones:) Do you use it like regular, canned broth? We had invited my husband's bridge partner and his wife over for Labor Day, but they had to cancel because his wife broke her arm--breaking up a fight between their cats:(

diane in northern wis said...

Sounds like you're preparing for a fun weekend. We had our company last weekend to celebrate my hubby's birthday...so it'll be quiet here this weekend. Our high temps have fallen to the 60s now. Already? today I ordered some licorice online because I have a hankering for it! Have a great weekend!

Becki said...

Last night I was watching videos on making bone broth and stock - and the difference between the two. I need to get me some bones!

Betsy said...

It's supposed to be really hot...95 and up until Monday so I think it's like to be a weekend spent mostly inside.
I want to make some bone broth but I've never done it before. I'll have to look up some good recipes.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leigh said...

We'll labor for labor day, lol. It's supposed to get a little cooler here, so it will be a good day for working on the fall garden.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com