Saturday, September 26, 2020

Cleaning like a woman possessed (I wish)

 It got too late to blog by the time I stopped my cleaning frenzy yesterday.  I also forgot to show you my finished linen closet from the other day..........I'm getting organized but have way too much "stuff" because whenever I clean it messes up another area.  I have a big plastic bin filled with things that came out of that closet that don't belong in there or there is no room for.  I need an entire closet for candles, room freshners and battery operated candles and more!  There are no sheets in there or blankets as they won't fit.  What kind of a linen closet is that? LOL!  I do  have tp and paper towels and light bulbs and cat litter in there though.  At least I know what's in there now.

Yesterday I spent cleaning out my desk drawers.....whoa Nellie!  I hate paperwork and I actually got rid of a whole garbage container full.  The drawers are clean except the middle drawer........




There are 3 more drawers and they are all very clean and neat but then there's this............

Why is it when I "clean" I end up with bigger messes???  I think I know why.....I saw a You Tube video about how to de-clutter without making a bigger mess......evidently I am not alone!  The problem is not putting stuff away where it belongs IMMEDIATELY!  Most of the time people don't want to de-clutter because if you get started and get interrupted you may not get back to it right away and there ends up to be a bigger mess...exactly!  I wish I would have watched that video first!  I don't get interrupted as much as I run out of steam before finishing.  So, before I start anymore "de-cluttering" and cleaning I will deal with one item at a time...lesson learned.....maybe.  But I am happy about the desk drawers and the linen closet plus I got more painting done!  These were "big rocks" this week!  Yippee!

I hope you had a productive week and did something you wanted to do.

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I know what you mean. Often cleaning at my house means reshuffling the items from one place to another. Your closet looks great!

Leftycrafter said...

Wow, you really got a lot of deep cleaning done. I believe decluttering is an art. I have no problem doing it but it seems hubby is not as inclined lol. Thank you for the comme t about vacuums. We also use a shark vacuum. It is the stick type and we love it.

Betsy said...

You got a lot done Sam! Way to go. It seems to me that no matter what kind of project you do, there is a bigger mess when your in process. Like painting. You have to move furniture and little stuff. Cover other things. Prepare the walls/ceilings. And finally paint. Meanwhile, there is nothing where it should be.
Cooking is like that too. Laundry. It seems to me most things make a bigger mess while you're trying to improve things. :-)
I finished Pipers sweater and mailed it and made curtains for the trailer. It feels so homey now. That was a BIG rock that I've been putting off for a rainy day. And it literally poured all day Friday so I made the curtains!
Take care my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sometimes I make a huge mess while organizing. Your closet looks good! :)

Between Me and You said...

My sister's been watching 'Home Edit' on Netflix. She says the organisers in the programme are very good at it. Reese Witherspoon hired them to organise her clothes closet.If it's good enough for her!!I think you've done really well with only one pair of hands.

Becki said...

Would like to know what the video is you're referring to, Sam. It sounds so much like a book I read last year, Decluttering at the Speed of Life. Reading comments here, I can see I need to check our Home Edit on Netflix. :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Good for you. I had my computer area all tidy and now it's not tidy at all. Closet looks great!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com