Tuesday, September 8, 2020

On a roll!!!

 Yesterday I got so much done and I was happy as a clam!  One of the things I realized though is that I have to find ways to make certain chores easier on me.  One is washing floors on my hands and knees.  But mops don't get in corners well and the newer mops just push dirt around and I do vacuum first.  But the hands and knees is really getting hard soooooooooooooo.......I've been looking at this and this  The first one is a robot and is able to get around and behind toilets!  Yes!!!  The other one is bigger and self-cleaning and more expensive but cordless and you control it.  I think I need both but I can't afford that right now but soon I will be getting the robot one I think and then save up for the other one....I am waiting to see how much the AC Blower repair will be first! LOL!  

I've also been plugging away at my craft room and I made bread dough and sourdough yesterday.  I worked on Brill shawl and I have more than half the 452 stitches picked up.  I painted a silver whatchamacallit black to be my Halloween tree.  I got it at a garage sale.  I am not sure what it was for originally but I think my Halloween ornaments will look good on it.  Maybe some creepy lights too.

Today I took my walk and watered and got the garbage can back in and that was it for outside except to go get the mail and pick up my prescriptions.  It is hot out there!  It is 88 but feels like 93....that's what the weather channel says, not me.  To me it feels like 103! LOL!

I have definitely been checking things off my list.  I had been procrastinating about fixing my Microsoft Office since my new email didn't agree with it.  Well, today was the day so I called the fiber people and I got this gal, Lea, in technical support and she and I had the best time!  We laughed so hard!  It was the most fun I have had with a total stranger!  We just clicked like old friends and on top of that I got my Outlook fixed!  Yay!  Thank you, Lea!  

I made my bread today........

and fed my sourdough...........

I worked on the craft room some more and gathered up materials to paint my pantry in the garage tomorrow morning when it's cooler.  I also need to find paint for outside trim for when it cools off.  Please dear Lord....make it cool off!  That's about it for today.  I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

Happy Trails!!!


 

 

 

 

13 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Cute Halloween tree. You have a great idea for it. We used to have the floor mate by Hoover. I loved it. Hubby not so much. The robot one is cute. I hope they work well for you. Make sure you let the rest of us "old" people know. Glad you got your outlook fixed. I sent you an email today. Hope it comes through.

Leigh said...

Your whatchamacallit looks like it could have dozens of uses! Your loaf of bread looks really scrumptious. Glad your computer problems are solved!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute whatchmacallit!You had a busy day...downright cold here 41 for a high! :(

diane in northern wis said...

You have it so hot, Sam, and we have it so cold. It's a high of 50 today and down into the upper 30's tonight. Brrr ....what a difference! Your bread looks good. Can't wait to see your ornaments on that tree!

Becki said...

I think your halloween ornaments will look great on your whatchamacallit. What a productive day! And homemade bread too?!?

Betsy said...

You are amazing. I have if pretty cold last night and tonight. I like you you keep things int he kitch. to grreeae'

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I got your email! Thank you! I used to have a Hoover Floormate also but it finally bit the dust. I checked some outside review places and that's where I was led to those 2. I will let you know!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I got it a few years ago and I am going through my "stuff" and if I can't use it or re-purpose it...out it goes! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You are so lucky with the cool weather! I need to mow but I can't get myself out there in this heat...I may have to bite the bullet tomorrow as the heat is supposed to stick around.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I would give my eyeteeth to be up North....I can always put more clothes on but you can only take so many off before you get arrested!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I just need to get busy and make those ornaments so the tree won't be bare! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I keep trying Betsy!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com