Saturday, June 17, 2023

A new lamp.....it's been years!

 I saw that Walmart had Pioneer Woman lamps......so pretty!  So, I bought one....


The only problem is that it said it was a table lamp and I assumed (you know what that does) that it was a table lamp but it is an accent lamp.....my table lamps are twice as tall as this one. I ordered it online.  I think that is misleading.  It is darn cute and I love it but I was wanting a taller lamp.  Oh well, I'll keep looking....she has some really pretty ones but I think they are all accent lamps.  I'll have to check.

I hope you're having a good Saturday.  I watched The Trooping of the Colours for the King's birthday although his birthday isn't until November.....but the weather is nicer now.  I didn't recognize him as he was wearing one of those big bearskin hats.  You can't beat the Royals for pageantry, and, of course, I love all the horses!

Happy Trails!!!   

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pile up a bunch of books and set the lamp on top! It is a pretty lamp!!

Betsy said...

What Far Side said. Books will help a lot! It's a beautiful lamp and I love the pattern on the shade.
I watched the trooping of the color too. Very majestic and full of pomp. I did miss the Queen though.
Our son and daughter-in-law video called this afternoon. They just wanted to chat for awhile before they had to get ready for a party they were going to on a boat on the Thames River in London. Black Tie. They sent photos after he had his tux on and she had her beautiful dress. I just can't believe my baby boy is living this fancy life with people I never thought I'd know. He actually owns two tuxes! Who is this kid? I make my own dresses and clean my own house! We are proud of them thought and love them to pieces.
Take care Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

It is a lovely lamp! The Pioneer Woman gets me all the time. My daughter ordered lamps online when they bought their first home. She couldn't believe how small the shipping boxes were - and then how small all the lamps were - even the "floor lamps" and "table lamps". Honestly, I have started replacing broken lamps with old, shall we say vintage, lamps from the resale shops and having my husband rewire them. All the new lamps seem itty bitty.

Cousin Kay said...

The lamp is adorable! They should list the dimensions of the lamp on the website.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Far Side - good idea especially since I have so many books...lol!

Betsy - I miss the Queen too...now she was a role model! You must be so proud of your son and DIL....I need to go see if you posted photos of them.

Miss Merry - Yes, I love her things...have you seen the drawer liner? I use that...too cute! Looks like the lampshade.

Cousin Kay - yes, they list the dimensions but did I pay any attention? No, as I "assumed" a table lamp was a good sized lamp. If she had said accent lamp I would have known...I still think that is not the correct terminology but what do I know? :)

Jeanna said...

Such a pretty lamp. I like Far Side of Fifty's idea of stacking books to give the lamp some height. Then again, it depends on where you want to use it.