Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Gave up crafts for cleaning.............

I have spent last week and this one cleaning and organizing.  Above is one of 4-6 bookcases I have cleaned out.  I've thrown out a lot of stuff and taken a good sized load to the thrift store.  I'm feeling great and full of energy so I had better take advantage of it while I have it!   I might have overdone it yesterday as I have a stiff neck but I just pop a  couple Tylenol and keep going! LOL!

I have more boxes of books in the living room that will be going to the thrift store.  I'm pretty sure I have gotten rid of hundreds of books!  The ones I have kept I will go through again later as I'm sure that is the secret to preventing being overrun by your possessions.....continue to go through things probably twice a year or so.

This week was busy with groceries. takings  things to the thrift store and also I got a new water softener installed yesterday.  I've made my potato soup, some chocolate chip cookies, and I am going now to make some cinnamon rolls.  I have not done any crafting except for in the evening I have been crocheting the little granny squares for the Battenberg Blanket.  They are mindless and easy when I am watching t.v. and relaxing.  Oh, BTW, the cordless vacuum is a lifesaver!  Only weighs 3 pounds.  It doesn't leave those nice lines on rugs that the big vacuum does but it still picks up lots!  It also  has a HEPA filter and the dust bin is easy to empty.  I'm sure there are fancier and more expensive models but this one is doing just what I wanted at a reasonable price.

I finished reading Phryne Fisher book #6 - Blood and Circuses, and I am now reading Buster Midnight's Cafe by Sandra Dallas.  For my non-fiction, I am reading Why Do Men Have Nipples which is written by a doctor and his friend, a screen play writer.   They answer all the questions (the doctor) gets asked out of the office such as at a cocktail parties when the "asker" has had a couple drinks! LOL! That is where the title of the book came from.

 I hope you are all fine...........

Happy Trails!!!   
 

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I need to get busy cleaning out corners again but lately been to busy with my Mom to get much done. I was getting worried about you...keep on blogging!

Miss Merry said...

That book sounds like it would be a riot! I applaud your cleaning and paring down. I wish you could share those vibes and that energy!!!

Leftycrafter said...

You sure do manage to whittle down something every week. Maybe for the next YOP I should include some decluttering 'projects' for the year! I did so well during covid cause there was nothing else to do lol.

Betsy said...

The bookshelf project is one I have to do periodically too. Our five moves in 2 1/2 years have kept our possessions down very well, but since we have NO plans to move again, I guess I need to be more aware of what I bring into the condo.
That book sounds very funny. You'll have to let us know what you think of it when you're done.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Cousin Kay said...

I've wondered where the title of that book came from. Now I know!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was in a Spring cleaning mood and took 3 loads to the thrift store but I am trying to stop now and do other things. Have you watched the Phryne Fisher movies? They are good too!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Far Side - I've been praying for your Mom. I'll try to blog more often.
Miss Merry - You take care of all those grandchildren so I applaud you!
Leftycrafter - that would be a great YOP project because it doesn't seem like I can do both at the same time! LOL!
Betsy - Actually your paring down with your moves inspired me!
Cousin Kay - The title is what made me buy it years ago and then I never read it! I was saving stuff for my retirement! LOL!
Lavender Dreamer - I have watched the the Phryne Fisher movies but not all of them and I like them better than the books actually.

Jeanna said...

We have tons of boxes in the garage just waiting to be unpacked. I'll do some purging of things as we go through them.