Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Making hay while the sun shines.......

 I finally finished the bookcase painting.  There's another bookcase but the grands are coming in July so I will postpone and just get right to the cleaning and the readying!  Here's the bookcase......I can see things so much better with the light color and the dust won't show so easily....always a plus!  This is going to be my sewing/fabric book case and the other will be yarn.  That's all the executive decisions I've made so far........

In starting to put things back and going through and organizing.  I found several  projects that were 1/2 way done and that got buried somehow.....how could that happen...lol?

There was a little Christmas tree quilt I started, a crochet hook holder, and remember the crocheted rag rug?  I am going to have a container with these HFO's (half finished objects) and I will hopefully, force myself to complete one before starting anything else....of course, unless it is a gift for someone.  

I've been boxing up more items for the thrift store and will be dropping it all off the next time I have a grocery pickup.

I made some lemon squares yesterday and I weeded the trough out back.  I get up at 4:00 a.m and turn out the lights about 8 or 8:30p.m.  I actually quit "working" about 5:00 p.m. then I knit, crochet, watch t.v. and then read.....that's my schedule and  I'm sticking to it!

 I also made plans for gift giving for the year ahead and downloaded some patterns from my friend, Helen Phillips Etsy shop.  She has cross stitch and quilting patterns and other cute little gifty patterns.  She has a blog too.   Her patterns are so reasonable and you download so no shipping!  She makes adorable items....I just wish she'd include the beautiful fabrics she uses! LOL! Check her out at Helen Phillips on Etsy.  She does have a blog too.

What have you been up to?  By the way..............

Happy Trails!!!  



7 comments:

Betsy said...

You are such a busy bee. I seriously think we need to come visit and let Dennis do some of your projects like painting the other bookcase, yard work, etc. and we can just sit and work on our projects. I certainly don't get up as early as you do, but I usually stay up until midnight or later.
I think Helen Phillips items are so pretty but have never done any of them.
I need to make some lemon squares too. We both really like them and I haven't made them in quite awhile.
Take care Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

The bookcase looks awesome. You are really getting things done around the house. Finding all this HFOs must have been like unearthing a treasure chest. I love to get up early. Since it gets so hot here in the summer my goal, each day, is to have all my "chores" done by noon. Then it is time to craft, read, seim, watch TV etc... I don't go to bed until 10 though so my day usually starts around 5. I was thinking about the Swedish Death cleaning you are doing. Sounds like it could be the cause of death.

Lin said...

Looks like a nice roomy bookcase and perfect for storing your stuff. xx

Between Me and You said...

I tidied my kitchen cupboard that held my crockery and took the mismatched plates and saucers to the charity shop yesterday. Also, I gifted a tub of mismatched cutlery that I'd cleared from my cutlery drawer to a lady on my Buy Nothing FB page who was asking for student stuff for her daughter going off to Uni in September. Great job on your little bookcase.

Miss Merry said...

The bookcase looks amazing! Don't work too hard getting ready for the visit. You want to be in tip top shape when they get there. Those projects are just hiding all over our houses, aren't they!

Sharm said...

Catching up on some of the blog reading …….. you are making great progress with the cleaning and sorting ……..I noticed you haven’t had an answer to your question …by now you may have your answer but anyhow …….. it’s not actually directions ……
“The miracle is told of in John 2:1-11. Jesus, his mother, and his disciples attend a wedding in the village of Cana. When the wine runs out at the feast, Jesus turns water into wine, thus demonstrating his divinity to his disciples”

Jeanna said...

I love your schedule. I definitely get more done when I follow a routine. I haven't found my new routine, yet.