Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Lots of progress around here and it's about time!

 

 Happy first day of summer!!!  Not my favorite season.... the heat goes off and the ac comes on.  So far this week, Luther and Shawn came and did the lawn and it looks so nice!  One of the best decisions I ever made was to hire them.  The water softener and the new vacuum are working great.  I made my potato soup, jello and some rice krispie treats.  I ordered groceries and picked them up this  morning.  I've been packing up boxes for the thrift store and dropped them off this morning.  I had to go inside Walmart and buy some "storage" for my phone and then I stopped and filled up the tank.

My neck's been hurting for a week now.  I think I need a chiropractor but they can be scary.  The last time I went to one years ago I ended up in a neck brace.  I keep hoping it will "adjust" itself.  The Rose of  Sharon tree/bush is blooming and the rest of my flowers the deer ate.

I did a load of laundry and cleaned the litter box and have been knitting the foot of sock #2 on breaks.  I also finished one Halloween ornament.....I've lost my XS mojo but the cleaning mojo is still with me.  I cleaned my desk yesterday....just the top....the drawers are another whole project!

What are you up to on this Summer Solstice?

Happy Trails!!!
 

    

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I got bit with the declutter bug today. I attacked my kitchen and was shocked at how many items I have not used in almost a year. Out the door they went. I still have 3 more cupboards to go. Hopefully this MOJO hangs around for a few weeks. In the evenings I am working on my shawl.....still.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, I have lots of on going projects. I started another afghan...mosaic chevron it is turning out very nice. Finished a small baby blanket for Jen to keep at her place for the new baby Ree when she visits:) Have to make more sympathy cards soon as I am running short of them. Lawn work etc and of course my Mom in the Nursing Home all keep me real busy. Yesterday I had it and went to the couch and slept for three hours:)

Jeanna said...

I like the colors in your sock. I dug out some patriotic items from the boxes in the garage and did a little decorating. I'm still hesitant about putting holes in the walls. Guess I'm going to have to get over that if I'm going to hang the family pictures. I'd love to have your potato soup recipe.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Marsha - thank you for the yarn suggestions. I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! I know I am loving my cleaning & organizing MOJO too!

Connie - You did deserve a nap! I knew would have made a blanket for baby Ree. I can't wait to see the new mosaic.
Jeanna - I will publish the soup recipe this next week. I'm out of town tomorrow. As for holes in the walls....have you looked into Command Strips? They have them for all weights and no nail holes! Are you blogging? I have to go see!

Betsy said...

I like the colors in your socks Sam! I also have several things going. I always have a pair of Christmas gift socks on the needles for the kids. I'm knitting a shawl for the wedding in London, although I ripped the entire amount I had done out last night because I decided I didn't like that pattern. So I'm starting again now.
Take care,
Blessings,
Betsy