Sunday, June 18, 2023

YOP Week #51 Year 12

 I went to look back at my list for the last YOP year and lo and behold I never made one!  Huh?  No wonder I was wandering aimlessly this past YOP year.  I can't believe I never noticed it until now.  Although, I must admit between the diverticulitis episodes and the cataract surgeries, it was a sort of a crazy disrupted year.

I have been cleaning and clearing so much I haven't really done much crafting but I have made progress on the Battenberg blanket.................

I have 3 of each color and need to weave ends in.  I need another container to put them in too.  I did finally cut out Block of the Month  #5 of my red and cream quilt.  But mostly I've been cleaning, packing up stuff to take to the thrift store and getting ready for the grands coming in July.

I have revisited my old YOP years and there were several projects I never started that I want to make and some gifts too.  I ordered some yarn and some fabric for 2 gifts and there's one I want to make for myself but that will be in the future.  

Do we do a recap next week on YOP finishes for the past year and then week #1 will be plans?  I can never remember.

I haven't done any cross stitch.  I needed to give it a rest.  I did finish the heel on sock #2 and need to pick that back  up and do the foot.  I want to find an acrylic sock yarn if there is any.  Although, I have acrylic DK and I know there are DK sock patterns out there.  Has anyone tried acrylic sock yarn?  Did you like it?  

I hope you had a great week and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Hey Sam! Yes, next week is a wrap up week and then the following week will be the grand plan for year 13. Year 13 will also have 53 Sundays in it so be prepared for that surprise. As for acrylic sock yarn.........90% of my socks are all made with acrylic type sock yarn. My favorite sock yarn (non-wool) is Cozy Toes from Hobby Lobby. It knits up beautifully and also wears so well. Lots of fun colors to choose from too.

Maureen D said...

Love all your colorful Battenberg squares. I do enjoy creating the plan for the coming year. It's fun to imaging completing all the projects. Over the years I've gotten more realistic about what I can accomplish so usually my year end review isn't too depressing.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hi Sam! Long time no comment :)

There are a couple of acrylic type sock yarns that I like - On Your Toes Bamboo from S.R. Kertzer (75% Rayon from Bamboo, 25% Nylon) and Comfort Sock by Berroco (50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic). It can be tricky to find an acrylic sock yarn that's breathable and doesn't make my feet sweat or burn.

Have a great summer!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Hil I was thinking I’m sure Sam had a list…just checked and you did…it was published week #2 in July. I think it was the 10th but my goldfish memory has already forgotten in the 2 mins starting a comment 😂. Good to see so many Battenberg squares, it’s going to be very pretty I’m sure.

Between Me and You said...

I think acrylic yarn for socks would be very uncomfortable and sweaty! Thought about bamboo?

ceulanfibres said...

What lovely squares you have on the go! I know what you mean about a lack of plan, I’m torn between a plan I will never stick to and total freedom where I’ll craft aimlessly and achieve little. I’m my own worst enemy,

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have had quite the year! you must have a list someplace! Stay cool!

Jeanna said...

Hello, friend. I have been absent from blogland far too long. We bought a new construction home and moved during April. However, between trips to Florida for various reasons and two cross stitch retreats, I haven't been home much. I'm trying to catch up reading my favorite blogs and hope to begin posting again next week. Sorry, I don't have any experience knitting socks and not familiar with those yarns. Hope you are well...I'll apologize now for the gazilion comments you are about to receive. No need to respond to them all :)

Lucy Bowen said...

Ah your pile of squares make me very happy!