Monday, June 26, 2023

Dessert and stash.........

 It's been a lovely Sunday and there are some storms rolling in which will make it perfect!  Friday, I went to Mountain Home and got 15 bags of  Scotts Naturescape mulch which doesn't fade....it was on sale too!  I picked up some yarn at Hobby Lobby............

As you can tell, I already started using one...........

The reason I went to Mountain Home was because I had my 6 month eye doctor appointment and all was fine.  I take hydroxychloroquine for my rheumatoid arthritis and it can affect your eyes so I get them checked twice a year. 

I've also got more supplies coming in the mail for YOP (year of projects) 2023-24 which starts next Sunday.  If you would like to join just go to Ravelry (it's free to sign up) and find the Year of Projects group.  We usually post every Sunday what we worked on that past week.  If you have any trouble just let me know and I will help you. This is year 13 and I joined the 2nd year.  It's a fun way to share your creations with like-minded makers.  We make a yearly plan at the beginning and then watch how we all go "off the rails" with it...lol!  We try to stick to our plans but there are always "new shiny objects" and "rabbit holes" to go down.  

I am putting my UFO's (unfinished objects) in an old picnic basket but unfortunately it won't be big enough to hold them all....lol!  But I will work with whatever will fit and as I finish things I can add more to the basket.  

I made some red velvet cupcakes and now I need to go frost them..........

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Hooray for new yarn! Some great colors there. Yum for red velvet cupcakes. My hubby loves red velvet. What a way to use a picnic basket. Very clever indeed.

Jeanna said...

Oh those red velvet cupcakes look delish. Red Velvet cake is one of my favorites.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Did you like the Scrub it stuff I did not but a neighbor likes it so I gave mine away! Yum the cupcakes look great even without frosting:)

Betsy said...

Yummy cupcakes. They're one of my favorites too. I like all of the yarn you bought. I don't make many scrubbies, only when someone asks me and I have used the scrubology yarn before. That picnic basket makes a perfect spot for all of your ufo's. I wish I had thought of that before I got rid of our picnic basket.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Your cupcakes look delicious! Can't wait to hear about your new projects and finally finshes!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

LeftyCrafter - I haven't made red velvet cupcakes in years!

Jeanna - They were good and I haven't forgotten your request for my potato soup recipe.

Far Side of Fifty - I made one scrubbie but it's in the wash. I need some myself so I will try it and see how I like it. I can see the pattern much better.

Betsy - I had not seen that yarn before. Of course, I only make to HL once or twice a year. I lkied working with it better than the Red Heart.

Miss Merry - I am so happy I can finally comment on your posts! I have no idea what changed but I am a happy camper!

Miss Merry said...

YAY I am so glad you can comment on my posts again! I guess that internet gremlin gave up.