Thursday, June 29, 2023

Extreme Heat Warnings!

 It is 100...feels like 111 so they say.  I got out early this morning when it was only 77.  I watered everything and loaded some Thrift Store stuff in the car.  I got some more yarn in the mail....

This will be the cream colored squares that will go in between the colored ones in the Battenberg blanket.

As for reading, after I finished Sandra Dallas's Buster Midnight's Cafe, I started  this one for my fiction.....

Last night I finished Why Do Men Have Nipples and the medical info was very interesting but the conversations and lewd comments between the 2 male writers was offensive and very juvenile.  

My new non-fiction is this book.....another book I've had for years........I love true adventure stories.....

I ordered groceries to pick up tomorrow morning.  My daughter and grands fly home tomorrow from Utah where they were visiting my ex's widow.  Amy called several times, which is nice as we usually talk every day.  Hopefully, the smoke will have cleared out of Iowa by the time they get home.  

I'm working on cleaning and clearing and also writing up my plans for YOP 2023-24 for publishing this coming Sunday.  I also spent some time practicing some new crochet and knitting stitches for some new projects!

Here's your humor for the day........ 

Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Doing all the outdoor work in the early morning is our mantra here in Arizona. We will be under an extreme heat advisory for the next 3 months. UGH! Not to mention extreme UV warnings. That also means our air quality will be horrible. But, I would not want to live anywhere else. That new yarn looks very soft. How many squares do you need to do for the Battenburg afghan? I was wondering about the medical book. I don't think I will read it now.

Cousin Kay said...

V. bad air quality in Chicagoland Tuesday and Wednesday, but today has been better. Hoping it will stay that way.

Jeanna said...

Looking forward to your Sunday post. Where can I find information on YOP...it may be the inspiration I need to get some things done. You are doing a lot of reading. That is a great way to spend time when the weather is so hot.
The post is up...now if I can just keep up :)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Leftycrafter - The Battenberg blanket is a pattern by Cherry Heart (she has a blog and a You Tube channel)....I don't know how many I will need. Hers fits her bed and i won't be making mine that big. Probably more like a lap blanket...I'll have to see as I start putting it together.

Cousin Kay - I hope you are wearing an N95 mask when you go out. I got K-N95 masks on Amazon and they are much more comfortable. My doctor recommended them as he said he couldn't wear the regular N95's either.

Jeanna -go to Ravelry.com I've been a member for so long I don't recall all of it but you have to join and have a password but it is free. Once you are "in" go to the Community tab and from there go to Groups tab and in there find A Year of Projects Blog-A-Long group. If you have trouble email me at saminil04@gmail.com and send me your phone # or vice-versa and I can walk you through it. Once you get into the group there are instructions. Let me know. I would love if you would join!