Sunday, June 4, 2023

YOP Week #49 Year 12

 Another busy week!  What's  up with that?  When do I get to retire?  This Swedish Death Cleaning is going to kill me!

Meanwhile back at the ranch....I did take some time to do some creating...mostly when I couldn't work anymore...........I started the Battenberg blanket.....I'm using Special DK yarn.  I do 10 and then I weave in the ends....

here comes the next group......finally something I can do while watching t.v. in the evening........

I did finish 1 of the 2 side hexies.........

and I cut and glued the hexies for the next one.........

I finished the secret Christmas present so now I am working on the 2023 collectible Halloween ornaments for the grands.........

Speaking of my grands...Sam just finished his first year of high school and he got  a 4.3 GPA....I asked him how that was possible as I thought 4.0 was the highest.  Well, it can go higher if you take college level classes which they offer.  So, that's what he did!  Congratulations, Sam!!!

Grayson graduated from cub scouts to boy scouts......parents are allowed to go to everything and by golly my daughter does!  She goes to meetings, camp outs, etc.  Because of the sad history of the BSA they have to allow the parents to come to anything and everything. 

I did press my pansies several weeks ago....they need to stay pressed for about 4 weeks....

Other than that, I am almost done with the heel on the sock, and I cross stitched on the Star...

I  got a new printer and installed it, got a new watering hose and installed it, and  I ordered a cordless vacuum that should arrive next Friday.  My canister vacuum which was over 20 years old bit the dust plus it was so heavy to cart around.  I am doing things to make my life as easy as possible!

I got some new to me books from Thrift books........this one was less than 1/2 the original price and I think it is still selling on Amazon for full price!  It has some really cute projects in it...

then there was this one which was on my wish list for quite awhile but they never had a copy.....I snagged this one when I saw it..........she wrote this book right before she wrote Rebecca which is also on my list.......

Then, of course, I got the next book in the #1 Ladies Detective series......this was my daughter's favorite so far.........
I am still reading Revenge about the "war" between the Sussex's and the Windsors.  It is very good and I should finish it this week.  My fiction book is Blood and Circuses; a Phryne Fisher Mystery.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through it.

Plans for the coming week include making a dessert, painting, cleaning, packing up more for the thrift store, finishing the 2nd side hexie, cutting BOM #5, and keeping my plants watered....it's been in the high 80's while my family in Iowa was in the low 90's....go figure!?!

I hope you had a good week...here's one that made me laugh out loud.......I hope no one will be offended but dang it is funny!  I had a neighbor that was pretty rude to me this past week and this meme lifted my spirits!

Happy Trails!!!




9 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Ha ha ha at your meme. Thumbs down to your rude neighbour. I'm interested in your review of your ne vacuum cleaner when you get it! I've been thinking of a cordless one for a while. Jamaica Inn is very atmospheric and Rebecca will get you spitting mad at Mrs. Danvers! D'you remember the old black and white film?Have a good week.

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats to Sam for the grades and to Grayson for moving into boy scouts. They are growing up quickly. Swedish Death cleaning sounds like quite a chore. You accomplished quite a bit this week. Where do you find all the time to do it all?

Cousin Kay said...

Adorable photo of Grayson! And congratulations to Sam!

Maureen D said...

Yes it was weird to have my kids graduate with grade points over 4.0. Just FYI, while beneficial for applying to colleges, my kids, nieces and nephews still required 8 semesters to graduate from college. Those high school "college" credits did not translate into credits that reduced their college degree requirements. Main benefit is that as freshman they get to sign up for courses with the sophomores, etc. each year.

Miss Merry said...

Hilarious!!!!

Congratulations to both grandsons (and their parents!) Great job, guys!!

Betsy said...

You make your busyness seem so easy. You are an inspiration to us all! Congratulations to both Sam and Grayson. They both seem like such sweet and loving boys.
I'm glad that their Mom mis so involved in things. That's important. We're having another rainstorm right now. It's nice and calming when you hear it hitting the deck roof.
The meme is funny but I'm sorry you had a naugty neighbor this week. Some people.
Blessings and hugs,
Bersy

HighlandHeffalump said...

You must be super proud of your grandchildren. I don’t really understand the grading, as we didn’t have that here but sounds impressive. Sounds like you are feeling much better now and back to being super busy, I wish my parents would read about Swedish Death Cleaning, they have sooooooo much stuff and a lot of it is junk. Their attitude is we will inherit their money so that’s payment for having to deal it’s their ‘clutter’. Ah well, hopefully not something to worry about for a long while.

Far Side of Fifty said...

aww sorry about the nasty neighbor! I wish we were neighbors!! You have been busy, it sounds like you feel good and that is a good thing!

Jeanna said...

That meme is hilarious. Congratulations to both Sam and Grayson. My son is an Eagle Scout. My husband volunteered with his troup and never missed any camping trips. I attended all of the fundraising events and ceremonies.