Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Mulch and daisies...........

 This morning I finally got the other 8 bags of mulch unloaded from the Tahoe.  Yesterday, I unloaded 7....

This morning, I unloaded the remaining 8 bags into the garage.  If I lay them on the ground I will never be able to get them back up again.  So, I'm not sure I will need all 15 in the front.  I have areas in the back yard too.  So, I place them in my garage on items where I can roll them unto my arms.  As I age, I have found "tricks of the trade" to help me.  The other "trick" is that when I get tired, I quit.  That's why I did 7 yesterday and 8 bags today.  That's enough for today.  Tomorrow I'll start spreading it but again, I probably won't get it all done in one day.  That's okay, I'm just happy I can things for myself still.

The daisies are blooming so I had to bring these happy flowers into the house!

Here's a little information about yarn companies.  Last week I ordered yarns from 3 different places on the same day; Lovecrafts, Lion Brand, and Knit Picks.  I received Lion Brand and Lovecrafts before the end of the week.  Knit Picks said my yarn would arrive yesterday and then they revised it and said it would be tomorrow, Thursday.  Knit Picks was almost an entire week later than the other 2 companies and I still don't have it!  Just an FYI.

 Happy Trails!!!
 

 


5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Dang girl, how heavy are those bags of mulch? Do you have a dolly to help you get the bags to your yard? Those daisies are a very happy flower. They brighten up a room.

Jeanna said...

Ugh, those bags of mulch are heavy and cumbersome. The daisies are so pretty! They look quite large. I have so much yarn and look forward to digging it all out of boxes and organizing it.

Betsy said...

Your bags of mulch are way too heavy for you to be carrying. But good for you in getting it done anyway.
Such pretty daisies. They're Mom's favorite flower.
Knit Picks takes forever to get anything delivered. I do love their sock yarn though and keep ordering it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like Lovecrafts, but sometimes my yarn gets stuck in West Fargo ND for days:( Be careful with the mulch:)

Miss Merry said...

I'm glad you are listening to your body. I keep saying to myself, this is not a race. Nothing is a race. There is no prize. If things take me longer, they take me longer. Just take care of yourself!!! One day at a time.