Thursday, December 17, 2020

Advent gift #3

 The gifts just keep getting better!  Amy got her cell phone cover that I had crocheted for her.  At first she thought it was a pan handle cover but then I told her it was a cell phone cover......she laughed and said no way would her phone fit inside.  I told her there was only one size in the pattern so then I told her to use it for her Roku remote!  It fit!  LOL!

I got some antique buttons...........I love buttons..........especially old ones....

I finally finished hexie #8............

and started on #9...........

I received my floss for my Christmas Day start of Christmas List by Silver Creek..........

I also received my Christmas Eve sock yarn in the Christmas in Whoville colorway.  This was hand-dyed by www.mintrainyarns.com on Etsy  I don't think I will be dozing while knitting this yarn!  People will definitely see me coming too!  I love it!

I got the "turtles" packed up with a card and a candy cane for my postman and put it in the mailbox for him to pick up.  I also made some more turtles for me!  This is a relaxing time and I love cleaning and putzing around the house.  This is the first year I've had this kind of time before Christmas.  I'm playing Christmas tunes from the 40's and 50's on You Tube.  I put in another grocery order for over the holidays.  It wasn't a big one just some basics.  I pick it up tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.  I prepped my snowball cookies but not sure I'll get to them today.  

I had to laugh at Grayson again he is so funny!  We tried to Zoom and I got an error on my tablet so it didn't work.  Last night I was talking to Amy on the phone and Grayson came in and told his mom to tell me he set up a Zoom meeting and I should try it again.  I told him it wouldn't work and he said "Grandma, don't ever give up....anything is possible!"  I laughed myself silly.  He should be a motivational speaker!    

That's all for today.  I hope you had a great one.  It's cold here....20's but the sun's shining!

Happy Trails!!!







6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Antique buttons. How unique. Will be fun to see where you use them. Your floss and yarn will turn into some gorgeous items. Bright socks are the best item to knit during dreary winter days. Your postman is very lucky to have you on his route.

Miss Merry said...

Maybe I need a roku cover! The remote is black and it might be easier to keep track of in a color. I think your hexie is my favorite one so far. Very pretty. I love your Advent exchange.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice buttons! Yes that sock yarn will keep you awake! :)

Betsy said...

Good for Grayson! He's right and sounds just like Piper. They should get together. They would be great motivational speakers. :-)
That sock yarn is sooo cool! I love all of the colors and it represents Whoville very well. Amy did well with the buttons too. You can never have too many buttons and mine are all packed away in storage. Does that mean I can buy more? Ha!
Lucky postman. He's going to take good care of your mail if he gets turtles.
I was browsing online this afternoon when my headache was too bad to knit. I should have been laying down with my eyes closed, but what was I doing instead? Looking at free cross-stitch patterns! I have another sweater to knit, mittens to catch up on and my sheep virtues that have been bleating to me to come stitch them up. I have NO business looking at MORE cross stitch! Stop me Sam!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Leigh said...

Grayson's very smart! I love your buttons and your yarn. So nice you are having a relaxing time! That's the best way to enjoy Christmas.

Diana said...

I have a big glass container full of all types of old buttons that I've been collecting for many years. Once in a while I use one, or two, or however many, for a craft or something. I also have a container of buttons that were my mama's, some from her clothes from the 30s-1971 (when she died), some she had bought intending to use. Those I just take out and look at once in a while. I love the colors of the Whoville yarns! That will be very pretty when you finish!