Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuesday

 Well, yesterday was the first day of our Advent exchange....my daughter and I.  She loved her Frida Kahlo bag and I loved what I got............she collected flower seeds from her garden and printed off seed packets to put them in...brilliant!

We got snow Sunday night!   About an inch...it was so pretty coming down but it melted pretty fast yesterday when the sun came out!

I got my Christmas decorations out and up...............most anyway...there's some I can't find....imagine that! LOL!

This is in the front window....my Aunt Alice's ceramic Christmas tree.............

I have a plant that is blooming but I have no idea what it is!  I got it a few years back at the Farmer's Market.............

It has seeds along the edges of the leaves and propagates like crazy!  Anyone know what it is?  I'll have to do some research.

I did some more decorating yesterday.........

and here is my little tree.........crazy lights but they were all I could find...........


You know it's winter when Miss Peeps crawls under the covers to take her naps! LOL!

This afternoon I made tortilla chips.....I used up the flour tortillas but it's not worth the effort to make your own neither are the caramel apples unless you use Kraft caramels and I won't make the caramel corn again either...some things are just not worth the time and effort.

Today is Jim's birthday.....he would have been 40 years old today.  I miss him but the tears don't come as often and I am very grateful that he passed before COVID came on the scene or I would not have been able to spend his last days with him.  It's amazing what you can be grateful for when you think about it.  I feel for all those who have lost loved ones and couldn't be there and for all those who had to die alone.  I was one of the lucky ones....who knew.

Happy Trails!!! 












10 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

What a very clever idea from your Daughter. It is always fun to see what the 2 of you come up with. Your plant is called The Devils Backbone. It belongs to the kalanchoe family of plants.

Unknown said...

That plant is called mother of millions - I have one also, but no blooms, just "babies."

Miss Merry said...

(hugs) on this difficult day. I am glad you got to be with him during his last days.

What a great idea to print the seed bags and send her own seeds! I will be watching everyday for this great gift exchange. You guys are so much fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

https://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/types-of-succulents/kalanchoe-daigremontiana-mother-of-thousands/
It is poisonous. Better read about it.
Hard day for you Sam...of course you were lucky to be with Jim when he needed you. SEnding you a hug!

Betsy said...

I know this had to be a hard day for you Sam. You WERE lucky and blessed to be able to be with him, but that doesn't make it any easier for a Mom.
Your decorations look wonderful and cheerful. You have the coziest looking home.
I want to thank you for the beautiful gift that arrived for me late last night. I was moved to tears by your generous heart that you sent those two beautiful figures to me. And the meanings fit me perfectly. I am so blessed to have a friend like you. Hey, maybe someday we'll be neighbors in Iowa!
Blessings and a big hug,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you!!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

So glad you received them! I knew they were going to a good home! Hugs ~ Sam

Reading, Writing and so much more said...

Sam, I came across your blog through Betsy and I can see how your blog is a blessing.
My heart goes out to you on this difficult day but what a way to turn it around and find the blessing.
All of your pictures are lovely and I look forward to hearing from you more in the future.
HUGS,
Kim

Susan said...

What a great idea - your Advent calendar with your daughter. She seems to have inherited your creative genes. I am glad that you are able to find something positive in your loss (although positive is very relative, isn't it?) I am sending you a large hug from the NE.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com