Sunday, December 27, 2020

YOP Week #26


 It's been a busy but wonderful week and I hope it has been for you too!  I received many wonderful gifts from others and myself! LOL!  Crafting was a featured activity starting Christmas Eve with my Christmas Eve sock cast on................in the Whoville colorway of self-striping yarn..............

Then it was on to my Christmas Day start....The Christmas List which I will work on in a "rotation" so that I will have it finished, framed and on the wall by next Christmas....it's a big project!



I finally found time to work on my Tiny Trees and my seam ripper and I became very good friends!  What looked like a simple little quilt was not so simple.  I have since found a pattern using foundation paper piecing which I will do next time but for now I will muddle through.  I am not a very practiced quilter but the only way to become one is to PRACTICE!   These 3 little trees took me all afternoon!  I'll be trying some more today with better luck I hope.

I also worked on Chicken Joy.............

Santa evidently thought I was a very good girl because look at what he left me (although I have a feeling he got a lot of help from Mrs. Claus!).............actually, she told me she got in on the Cyber Monday sale at Fat Quarter Shop!  Some Lori Holt Chunky Thread for some Granny Squares.....

I forget what they call these.....cheater quilts?  Anyway, it is printed on the fabric but you can quilt it and I have done it before by hand and it is so relaxing and enjoyable.  When I saw this I had to have it!  So pretty!

There was a little cutting board.........

and some fusible fleece to make project bags once my zippers arrive...........

and then some freebies!!!  Some hand sanitizer and a fat quarter bundle of Lori Holt's Shabby solids which was just what I needed!

Another item I received was a Needlework Enthusiast's 2021 Book of Days.........I will be documenting my "making" projects in here..............

Although I thought it was bigger but this is fine...........Brenda and The Serial Starter (Laura) had one from last year and it was much bigger!

This little cutie was at the feeder this morning..........
BTW...last week I had a bird at the feeder and asked what it might be and I got 2 answers....I thought it was 1 of the answers because it had a short beak.....later I looked out and there was one with a longer beak so Kay and Connie you were both right!  I had one of each of those birds! LOL!  Now, can anyone id this bird above?  So cute...I am guessing some type of chickadee?
Anyway, I hope you have a nice week and a Happy New Year!  God knows we all deserve one!
Happy Trails!!!










12 comments:

Maureen D said...

A very merry Christmas indeed!! I will miss getting to feed the birds while I'm in Florida. The HOA doesn't allow bird feeders. How do people live in Florida??? I agree, I think it's a chickadee. I'll be curious how your crafting calendar works for you. I'm really good at keeping my Ravelry pages complete but not good at using either a paper or Goo for Calendar.

Far Side of Fifty said...

This bird looks like a Tufted Titmouse. You have some great projects to work on this year! I am getting some WIP together to work on! I have a smallish notebook from Hobby Lobby that I keep near the computer to jot stuff down on...no crafting in there YET! :)

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas, and yes, I think we all deserve a break in the new year! I love the Christmas list sampler, and look forward to seeing that progress. Have a wonderful new year.

Leftycrafter said...

Your Christmas gifts are wonderful. They should keep you busy for a while too LOL. Your sock is pretty. Love the colors. That Christmas sampler is LARGE. Good luck. I think it would take me more than a year to complete. The tiny trees quilt looks pretty good to me. But then, I am not a quilter LOL. Cute bird and I have no idea what it is either.

Miss Merry said...

You must have been a very good girl to get all those lovely presents!!! Merry Christmas!!

Catsngrams said...

Love your projects. I think that is one of the things that keep us sane this year.

Betsy said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! You have some beautiful gifts there. Mrs. Claus "did good!" Love all of the new things. The Christmas List is going to be so fun and will be so cheerful when done. I think your trees look just fine. I can imagine all of the fun you will have with your new crafty things.
Blessings,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Lots of goodies to work on, Mrs Claus has great taste 🤶 I like the idea of the quilt that doesn’t need cutting out first, that’s maybe where I will start when that hobby eventually comes into my life.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lots of wonderful crafty bits and bobs. You are always working on so many lovely projects. They will certainly keep you busy for awhile.

Cinna Knits said...

What a lovely collection of gifts!
BTW: I think your trees are ADORABLE and look great! We are our own biggest critics.

Becki said...

So much eye candy, Sam. I love that Silver Creek sampler. It will be so fun to watch it grow this upcoming year. I love all the goodies you've gotten. I find the gifts I give myself are usually perfect. lol

Breathing Life said...

I love your photography of that little bird. I will come back to check if anyone has identified it for you. Your tree quilt looks great - I can imagine it takes a lot of practice to get all those seams lined up. I love your Christmas sampler and your goal to have it finished and framed by next year. You are so organized with your stitch work I am sure you will meet your goal. Happy New Year - and come on 2021 - give us a break, wont' you?