Friday, December 18, 2020

Advent Gift #4

 Amy received 2 little tiny books of ephemera for her collage making and a package of napkins with gingko leaves on them.  She loves gingko trees.  I received these 2 tubes of my favorite lip balm in the Strawberry Sorbet flavor which I have never had before.....yum!

I had a new visitor at the bird feeder.....it doesn't look that big but it was a good size bird!  I haven't a clue as to what it is....anyone know?  I'll have to look it up.

I received a pattern I bought....Thomas the turkey cross stitch by Notforgotten Farm.....it was on sale for a good price and has been on my "to purchase" list so, for a sale price I couldn't see waiting.   Lori Holt just finished this and it was darling!  I love that about cross stitch....if you love something in the photo you will adore it after it is stitched up!  It always looks better stitched.

I found this picture on Instagram and oh be still my beating heart!  I love the coziness and my favorite green color!


I will be showing you some Christmas books.  I have not read these just "pinned" them but I like reading holiday specific books leading up to the holiday and beyond...........this one looked good!

Today was Walmart shopping and I think I am set to get through the holidays now.  That's about all I accomplished today besides regular daily chores.  I hope you had a nice day and have an enjoyable Friday night!

Here's a little holiday humor......

Happy Trails!!!
 





10 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

I think the bird may be a brown thrasher.
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Brown_Thrasher/media-browser/67456051

Leftycrafter said...

The turkey cross stitch is cute. Now, the photo of the room....that feels so cozy and homey. I am not a green loving person but in that room it is perfect. It would be a perfect area to stitch or knit

Unknown said...

If you right click on a picture - like the bird - and then, when the menu opens, click on search google for image, you can generally find out what the picture is.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I will guess it is a Fox Sparrow:) He is pretty cute whatever he is! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Miss Merry said...

I like to read Christmas books in December, too! I have re-read some Lucy Stone mysteries by Lesley Meier, two by Valerie Wolzein and am finishing a Joanne Fluke! Two new ones I ordered on Ebay are sitting here and I like to re-read two favorites by Mary Kay Andrews: Blue Christmas and Christmas Bliss. I bet you would like all of them! Your gifts are so cute.

Betsy said...

It's funny, I have heard Lori Holt's name mentioned a few times on videos or blogs but just today I heard/saw her name at least 5-6 times on different videos and blogs. How funny is that?
I, too, love that room. It looks like such a cozy place to sit and knit or stitch.
Take care Sam!
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you!!! I'll check that site!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Indeed it is a brown thrasher! I love that site because you can listen to their song too!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Well, now Connie mentioned a red sparrow and it looks like it could be that one because mine doesn't have a long beak like the thrasher...it is more like the red sparrow. Who knew?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the suggestions! I love Joanne Fluke for sure!