Sunday, December 20, 2020

YOP Week #25

 

We're almost halfway through the YOP year!  Time flies when you're having fun!  

I have been pretty monogamous with my crafting....I wanted to finish my red bird cross stitch and I'm sure I will today...after I post this! LOL!  I only have a little bit left in the upper left hand corner of the border.

The hexies are coming along and I am on #9 of 11 of the full hexies and then I have 12 partial hexies to do.  It has been a while since I showed the original project and someone asked what I was going to do with them......here are pictures from the quilt book , Kindred Spirits from Yellow Creek Quilt Designs located in Pearl City, IL not far from my hometown.  I definitely plan on visiting when I get up there!

I got #8 done and I'm working on #9 of 11 full size hexies....then there are the 1/2 and 1/4 size hexies  and the connecting ones...............(light colored in the photos)  I will frame it like they did.



 If you didn't see my post this week, I received my Christmas Eve sock cast on yarn!  It is hand-dyed self-striping and the name is "Christmas in Whoville"!  I can't wait!  I need to kit it up today and I want to do both socks simultaneously on 2 circular needles.


As for Advent Gift #6 - I received a vintage reproduction tablecloth...you know I love me some vintage!  This is awesome and has all my favorite colors!!!  Amy got a big tube of Jergens Citrus body butter.....we are the citrus sisters! LOL!  We love to eat it and smell it....not the body butter just citrus things.  My favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie that my Aunt Bernice used to make and Amy's favorite are lemon bars that I still make....yes, the more lemony the better! LOL!

Here's another Christmas book...remember, I have not read these so I have no idea if they are good or not but I pinned them for holiday reading....if you do read them let me know if they were good!  You could check Amazon to see a synopsis and a rating.........

Here's a little Holiday Humor.........

Happy Trails!!!


14 comments:

Maureen D said...

Your Christmas Eve sock yarn is so cute. Is this a KAL or just an annual thing you do? Will be so fun to wear. Starting a new sock is a great idea for Christmas Eve this year. I'm a bit bummed that we can't do our normal Christmas Eve traditions this year. But I'm thankful my youngest son and girlfriend will be home with us. I suspect some card or board game playing before heading to bed instead of evening services this year.

Lucy Bowen said...

As ever, I love the stitching. Your Christmas eve yarn is lovely, I was watching the Grinch earlier today! Have a lovely Christmas.

Diana said...

I wondered what you were going to do with the hexies... that will make an interesting finish for sure! And your red bird stitching is adorable!! If only weight loss were that easy as the snow people are doing huh lol.

Leftycrafter said...

The red silk birds are gorgeous. I bet you will be sad not to be working with silk floss anymore. It sounded like it was pure joy to use.

Your tablecloth is truly vintage. Love it. Reminds me of one of my grandmothers cloths.

The chuckle as cute. I wish we humans could weight that easily.

Betsy said...

So much fun here Sam. The red bird stitch is gorgeous and the hexies are coming right along.
That tablecloth is right up my alley too. I have one of my Mom's vintage cloths on the table here in the RV.
I saw that Meme on FB and laughed out loud at it. Don't we wish we could do that?
I woke up during the night with something I wanted to tell you and Sam, I should have written it down because for the life of me, I can't remember what it was! Sometimes I feel like I'm losing it, whatever "it" is! It must have been important too if I woke up with it in my brain. Ha!
Blessings,
Betsy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the redbird cross stitch and love redwork in quilts. Enjoy your week! holiday hugs!

Breathing Life said...

Love the whoville colourway! Your redbird stitching is amazing. That snowman will be a shadow of his former self in no time. I love all your cartoons. Hooray for perfect Advent gifts. Merry Christmas dear one! Let's hope for a much easier 2021 for all of us.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm alone every Christmas but I still enjoy myself. It's not a sock KAL just something that made the rounds on the knitting podcasts. It might have been Little Bobbins podcast. Since I spend my holidays alone I ensure I have lots of presents and fun things planned. I try to watch church services on T.V. Maybe you'll make some new traditions this year! Stay safe and well that's the main thing!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes! I don't even have a blow drier! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Dreams are hard to "catch" unless you write them down right away. By the time I make my coffee I've totally forgotten it! Maybe it will come back to you when you're least thinking of it. Was it about a house or a move? Was it good or bad?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for your cute card from FL!!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh I’m such a numpty, when I first started seeing the hexies and you were mentioning pickle dish I thought these were someone hardened or laminated into a dish to hold pickles!!! Now I see the quilt I understand why you are making so many. I was wondering how many pickles one person needed hahaha! Anyway it’s going to look amazing I'm sure. I need that hairdryer diet on my belly, double chin and upper arms 😂 Merry Christmas Sam.

Cinna Knits said...

I'm in LOVE with your hexie project, and the framed finish is ADORABLE!!!
I also really love the yarn for your socks, very fun, a nod to festive, but won't be out of place come February.
Merry X-Mas!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com