Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Movin' and groovin'!!!

 I have been a busy bee!  I cleaned litter boxes (3) and toilets (2).  I am packing up the books to sell in containers in the basement as I don't have time to mess with them right now.  I also took more Fall decor downstairs and brought up some Christmas.  I have a big plastic container for each holiday just about.  This is the Santa plate that my Aunt Alice made years ago.  I love it and I can't believe it's not even chipped after all those years.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

more Christmas delights........I love these little peppermint sticks.  I put them in my coffee, tea and hot chocolate during the cold winter months.........

I finished the last ornament for the grands I just need to final finish them.  I wrote down a pattern for knitted pumpkins that I've been wanting and finally found.  I watched a tutorial for a string quilt.  I always wondered what they were.....now I know!  It's on my list for 2021 quilting.  I also nailed down the Christmas quilt I will be making.........it's a free pattern on Fat Quarter Shop.  Just google Mini Charming Christmas Quilt Pattern.  There are 2 sizes.  I am making the smaller one that uses mini-charm squares and the larger size uses regular charm squares.  I have the charm squares but I needed to order the backing fabric, background fabric and binding material.  Finally, I will have a Christmas quilt.  I've been talking about this for years!  Here are some of the mini charm squares that will make the tree and the border.

here's the pattern.........

I'm heating up my Dutch casserole for making the sourdough bread.  This is the first time I've tried this artisan bread using my sourdough....wish me luck!


 I'm almost ready to sew together another hexie diamond too.......

That reminds me I need to make some tortilla chips today if I don't run out of steam! LOL!

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your Santa plate is precious. What lovely memories it brings back for you. Those little candy canes are are so useful. Many of my holiday treats I make call for them (crushed). They are easier to crush than the big ones. I never thought about putting them in coffee. Hot cocoa requires one of them though. That quilt pattern is so cute and the little charm squares you have are super cute.

Miss Merry said...

That is the cutest quilt pattern. It will be adorable. I baked a loaf of bread today and showed it to my four year old granddaughter. I said, "Look, Mimi baked a loaf of bread". She said "Mimi, don't you know grampa can just buy bread at the grocery store?" She is a stitch.

Becki said...

I love your Santa plate! And you have been really productive. Looking forward to reading how your sourdough bread turned out. Laughing at Miss Merry's comment above. lol

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your bread turns out! I just make ours on a sheet of parchment paper:) Looks like a fun project to work on...your Quilt will be great!

Betsy said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading this. You got so much done today. I love the Santa plate. I still have several things that I made 40+ years ago in ceramics. I took classes with my Mother-in-law and she still have some of the things she made too. They are so special to bring out each year.
The ornaments are going to be so special to everyone and the quilt is so cute.
The bread will be perfect. I just know it. You'll have to give us an update. Speaking of updates, did you call about the house?
Blessings,
Betsy

Hill Top Post said...

I love your hexie diamonds. Those colors are wonderful! Oh how I love sourdough bread! I know yours will be delicious!

Cousin Kay said...

I can't believe the condition your Santa plate is in. Mine is long gone:(

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com