Sunday, December 13, 2020

YOP Week #24

 

I bet you are all busy with holiday tasks and merriment!  I hope so!  This morning I woke up to this......... pink sky at dawning sailor's warning! And sure enough we have a winter weather advisory with rain turning to snow and 2-3 inches of the white stuff!  To say I am excited is an understatement!

 We don't get snow too often and never this early....Merry Christmas to me!

I finally got my apple cider doughnuts fried up.....they are good too!  I froze half the dough for another time........what a mess though...I think I dirtied every pot, pan, and dish in my kitchen! LOL!

This week on breaks I've been working on bird with berries by Misty Percell at Luminous Fiber Arts on Etsy.   I've gotten quite a bit done............


I almost finished hexie number 8 of 11 but discovered I was missing one so I need to do that........

then I dragged out more fabrics to audition for hexie number 9 of 11.....getting there!

I did some little crochet granny squares as that is about all I can handle if I want to watch t.v. in the evening.


Brenda Gervais from With Thy Needle and Thread had a free pattern available for Christmas and I grabbed it!  You can get it on her website...........

She also had a cute little pattern for little Christmas cross stitch "candies" that you can wrap in cellophane.....or you could use them for covered buttons for a Christmas sweater.........

I forgot to show you last week what the gal sent me with my fabric order................a kit to make a little pin cushion........so sweet and thoughtful....you gotta love those Etsy sellers!  And almost all of them write a little Thank You.....it makes you want to do business with them......
 
My yarn is on it's way for my Christmas Eve sock cast on!  I ordered the floss for my Christmas List Christmas Day cross stitch.  I still need to dye the fabric and I didn't get any time to work on my Tiny Trees quilt.  Hopefully this week!  I need to take my Tahoe in for an oil change which I am dreading as no one around here wears masks except me and the Walmart employees.  I still need to decorate inside and write cards but this afternoon I am making beef and barley vegetable soup.  BTW, what ever happened to soup bones?  First it was boneless chicken and now boneless beef too!  I had to buy a roast and chop it up but no bone.  Don't they understand that the bone holds all the flavor and many nutrients?  I also need to start making Christmas cookies!  Yum!  I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season or Hanukkah or whatever you might be celebrating.  I think the best Christmas gift for everyone this year is the Covid vaccine!  PTL!

Happy Trails!!! 






13 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

That red silk cross stitch is gorgeous. The hexies are being done pretty quickly. You have some very pretty fabrics. Between the hexies and the tiny tree quilt, I think you have the best looking fabrics.those little cross stitched candy/button covers are so sweet. What a precious extra gift you received from the eysy seller. A very thoughtful person indeed. Have a great week. I hope you get your snowfall.

Miss Merry said...

I love to watch the progress on your projects! Thanks for stopping by.

Maureen D said...

Your hexi quilt(?) really looks nice. Good for you for getting up early enough to see the sunrise. I'm never out of bed in time. Yes I could set an alarm but I'm not missing it that much. It was one of the things I thought about as my youngest started driving himself to high school. It was the end of my seeing amazing sunrises as I drove my kids to school.

Hill Top Post said...

I am loving your hexies ~ makes me want to start a new project with them. We have rain, but at times there has been some snow flakes mixing in. I just know we will have a big ole snow before winter's over. I hope you will post pictures of your snowman and/or snow angels. :~)

JustMagicMaria said...

Love your crafty projects but my mind can't get past the cider doughnuts! Mmmm mmm!! My family would love those -- maybe I'll try it as a Boxing Day treat.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet your doughnuts are awesome! Got a very nice package in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much! It has joined JInx and Santa on the dining room table! I think Jinx may use it for a pillow:)

Diana said...

Those donuts look ohhhhh-soooo-tasty!! *drools* Oops, sorry. *wipes screen* I don't know half what you're saying when you talk about the stitches and such you do since I don't cross-stitch and all, but I sure love watching your progress and seeing the outcomes of all your projects!! We got barely a trace of snow here last night and it was gone before day's end. Ah well. You stay well, Sam!! ❤️

Betsy said...

Those donuts! Yum! They look so delicious Sam. I should try my hand at making donuts someday. My mom used to make them most Saturdays.
Your projects are beautiful. Birds and Berries looks very elegant and the hexies are flying off of your needle. Such nice fabrics too. An entire kit as a gift for ordering? That seller is very generous.
Take care Sam and enjoy your snow. We got more today too!
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I forgot to include a picture of the hexie "project"..I will try and remember next week! I go to bed early...sometimes 7:30 or 8:00! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I figured you had enough "decorations" for your tree(s) so I made what they call "bowl fillers" but a pillow for Jinx sounds great!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Mmm donuts. Woo hoo to snow, I love snow but we haven’t had more than one dusting of it so far. I am sorry the people in your county or State aren’t wearing masks and I’m so grateful to live somewhere where everyone does and our number are remaining very low where elsewhere there are big spikes. I definitely would like to see what all these hexies are going to become when they are all finished. Take care and stay safe. X

Breathing Life said...

that quilt is amazing - such fine work. The sunrise is so gorgeous!! I am hoping we will get a little snow soon too - after all this rain, a little white stuff would be appreciated. Those donuts look sooooooooo good. I chuckled about all your pots and pans - that's what happens when my hubby cooks just about anything - he uses ALL the pans and bowls and utensils - but I love what he creates regardless.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com