Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday!!! Happy Hanukkah!!!

 It's a cozy day here in the Ozarks...dark and rainy but before the rains came I got a few more decorations up outside.  I forgot to take a picture though.  I got some lovely cards in the mail.....

This one is from my cousin, she always sends the prettiest cards..........

and then Connie's (Far Side of Fifty) handmade card........she outdid herself this year!  It's like 3 cards in 1!  It is just precious!  Hallmark should be offering her a job!

I also got my Advent presents from my daughter and instead of bubble wrap she used rolls of toilet paper!  LOL!  It was great because I didn't buy any at Walmart because all they had was the commercial steel wool tp.  I would have bought it if I didn't have any but now I'm good to go....literally!

In the box was a present from my grandson Grayson.  He wrapped it and bought it with his own money!  I can't open until Christmas....so cute!

I also got a box from Amazon and I opened it and it was from my other grandson Sam who also bought me a present but it wasn't wrapped so I got it early!   I cannot believe they bought me presents with their own money.  Amy said it was their idea and she said...."Mom, they love you! "  That brought a tear to my eye!  Sam got me this because they had them at their house when I was there and he knew I  liked them....how thoughtful.....

I also got my wool scraps that I ordered for my snowman wool applique project...........this is nice because sometimes you just need a little bit of one color................

This afternoon I started making apple cider doughnuts....things have to cook and cool and it is taking a while.....they may not get finished until tomorrow!  

Happy Trails!!!




9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your grandsons are so very thoughtful and sweet. What a cool idea to be able to buy wool scraps. That sure makes making some applique things so much easier and then you don't have tons of material hanging around.

Betsy said...

What a sweet box you received. I'm glad that Amy thought to send you TP. Dennis took two Costco packages to Mandy when he went back in September because she couldn't get it.
I'm so impressed that your grandson's spent their own money on you and also that Sam remembered that you likes those Goldfish. I absolutely love that. Obviously they have been taught to have giving hearts and they love you very much.
Connies card is stunning. I can't believe how much time and effort she puts into them and they both do the ornaments. Acts of love, all of them.
Have a wonderful evening my dear Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you got your card! OH yes it is a masterpiece!! LOL. Doughnuts now that sounds great...I heard on the news that there is a cookie shortage...they figure that everyone is eating three cookies a day...well they could bake their own. :)

Leigh said...

So many lovely goodies! Your daughter is genius to use TP for package packing! Brilliant!

Do you have the recipe for the donuts anywhere? They sound really good.

Rain said...

You got some nice cards there Sam and some nice gifts! The donuts sound like they'll be really yummy! :)

Miss Merry said...

I love the toilet paper as filler!!! Meanwhile, can't wait to see your advent gifts!

Hill Top Post said...

You are already well into the spirit of Christmas. I so enjoy your Advent gifts.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

If they bake their own there will be a flour shortage and maybe a chocolate chip shortage..Oh no!!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, it was on https://damndelicious.net/2017/12/19/apple-cider-donuts