Sunday, December 6, 2020

YOP Week #23

 

The Christmas presents are all done and in the mail!  So, you might want to get a "cuppa" as this will be a big post!

The Advent gifts start on the 14th and the last one is opened on the 25th.  We changed it because last year I had nothing to open on Christmas morning!  Never fear....I have stashed stuff away for myself because I thought...."What if Santa gets COVID?"  Oh my!!!  So, I bought myself a few things but I cannot have them until Christmas morning.  I won't wrap them but hopefully I will forget about some of them and be surprised! LOL!

Here are 12 Advent gifts for my daughter............

#1 - Since I couldn't wrap it without crushing it I just found a box it would fit in and then filled it with the wrapped presents.....I lined the box with bubblewrap...

#2 - paper lanterns........my daughter is an art teacher so if she doesn't use them at home she will use them in her classroom...trust me....she will like these!

#3 - cell phone cover I crocheted for her............

#4 - napkins and paper ephemera - she likes decoupage and she loves ginkgo trees..........


#5 - dala horse pincushion that I made and pins (which didn't arrive in time so I will send later...they were special little pins)  She has a collection of dala horses

#6 - Citrus Body Butter...........she loves anything citrus or citrus scented...........

#7 - EOS lip balm...sorry it's upside down! LOL!


#8 - A box of candy............Russell Stover which I evidently forgot to take a picture of! 

#9 - Bath and Body candle...........

#10 - Salt lamp..............

#11 - a mystery book in pictures that you have to solve....I accidentally ordered 2 so now I have one also.  Maybe we can do it together..............we both love a good mystery!

#12 - last but not least.............she loves jewelry............


So, there are the Advent gifts for 2020!  We try to set it up so that the gifts get better and better with each day with the best gift being opened on Christmas morning.

Here they are all wrapped and ready to go..........

Then there are the Annual Collectible Ornaments for 2020..............which I final finished and forgot to take a picture of before mailing.  Well, I have mine so I will show you next week.

Now, I get to do all my projects of which there are many!  I will be getting haul this week and I still have a few supplies to order for projects but meanwhile I found this cute FREE pattern on the Temecula Quilt site and I have the materials for it except for the background........


 Here are the fabrics I have picked out for the trees..........

I have worked on my hexies and I am finishing up hexie #8 of 11 not counting the 1/2 and 1/4 hexies that need to be done.

I'm also kitting up my wool applique snowman and I ordered some wool scraps for some of the parts......

I got 2 items in the mail this week...........

a beautiful hand painted card from my good friend Rain.......it's gorgeous Rain, thank you!  My camera really doesn't do it justice..........

and a quilt book from Thrift books.........I seem to go through stages and right now it is quilting!

I hope you are all safe and well and making the best of things...both mentally and physically!

Happy Trails!!!

















14 comments:

Maureen D said...

Wow, how fun. What a nice tradition you do with your daughter. I may borrow it. I too buy myself gifts to put under the tree. WoW. What a gorgeous card from your friend. Definitely needs to be framed.

HighlandHeffalump said...

What wonderful gifts. I just noticed that candle being snickerdoodle flavoured...I just watched one of those Hallmark type Christmas movies this week that mentioned snickerdoodles and I thought it was a made up thing in the movie...now I need to know what actually is a snickerdoodle? I shall Google it...I love a snickers so if it involves those I'm probably a fan. I said to my husband I'd be happy just getting advent gifts and not having big presents on the day, I got him a beer advent and he got me the yarn one but he insists we still need to have presents on the day too and I guess he's right. But I like having things to open over multiple days so think your family tradition is lovely.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh just googled it and there's no peanuts and no chocolate in the snickerdoodle recipe! Doh!

Leftycrafter said...

I love the tradition you have with your daughter with the 12 days of gifts. You put so much thought into those gifts. Those hexis seem to be getting done quickly. The tree quilt and snowman applique project look like fun. Have a great week.

Miss Merry said...

I think your advent exchange is so fun. We are alone for Christmas so I have purchased some fun little gifts for my husband and I to exchange. He doesn't know and I am sure I will forget what they are by Christmas, too.

Maureen D said...

Even though no chocolate, snickerdoodles are delish! A soft sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar.

Elka Knits said...

I have never heard of an advent exchange before. That is really a fun idea. I will have to plan for next year tho. This one is far too late. Tho I did craft some goodies for the family so I do plan a bit ;-)

Diana said...

I absolutely LOVE that dala horse pincushion! What a sweet little gift! Your whole advent gift exchange is such a wonderful idea! I look forward to seeing your little trees using the different fabrics, that will be so cute!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have some nice gifts to exchange! I am sure she will love them all! Hope you have a good week:)

Breathing Life said...

Those are wonderfully made and well thought out gifts. I guess she doesn't read our blog - otherwise the cat is out of the bag. Can't wait to see what you have to open..I'll be waiting to see.

Betsy said...

What a fun, fun post Sam! The gifts for your daughter are so personal and perfect for her personality. Mom knows best!
I like all of the projects you hae planned too. The fabrics for the trees are great. Quilting does seem to be your passion right now and there's nothing wrong with that at all!
Blessings,
Betsy

Lucy Bowen said...

Another wonderful advent that is, as always well thought out and beautifully put together.

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) So happy you got the card okay, I was wondering about the mail situation! :) xx Your advent exchange is so much fun. I can't get over the snickerdoodle candle...I'd love to smell that all year round!!

Becki said...

This was so much fun to read through, Sam Your daughter is going to love her gifts. And I can't wait to watch as you reveal what you open from her. And that Rain! She is such a sweetheart. What a lovely card from her. :)