Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Advent Gift #9

 Well, Amy had her last day of school yesterday.  She received her Bath and Body Works Snicker-doodle candle and she loves it!  She said it smells better than snicker-doodles and she's right!  I just ordered some candles as they had a sale.  I ordered one of the snicker-doodle ones.....so yummy smelling you could eat it but I would not recommend it! LOL!

Look what I received............be still my beating heart.........fabric with Nancy Drew book covers!  I think I'll make a project bag or 2 and maybe a pillow.....any ideas?  Love, love, love it!!!

I got a package in the mail today from Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield and wow was it nice!  I got one a month ago and it had some nice items in it but this one was over the top!  Did any of you receive one?

I haven't read the booklet yet but I will.

They sent a forehead thermometer, a mask, some colored stretch bands which I am not sure what they are for.  Antibacterial gel with a carbiner to hook onto something.

a blood pressure monitor which I already have but it's nice to have a backup!

and a fitbit!!!  I was just getting ready to order one with my trekking poles!  They also sent a zippered pouch and a pen and a blood pressure log...it was like Christmas! 

I need to roll the cookies in powdered sugar one more time and then....yum!  My Barilla meal last night was delicious, easy and healthy.  Vegetarian too.

I got my material cut for  my Christmas Day cross stitch and tomorrow I'll dye it,  I also have to wind my yarn tonight for the Christmas Eve sock cast on!  What are your plans for the coming days?

Here's another Christmas read......

and some holiday humor.............

Happy Trails!!!








9 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

The Nancy Drew fabric is The Cutest!

Leftycrafter said...

Wow, we had blue cross for years and never got ANYTHING from them other than a premium bill. LOL. I can not believe that Nany Drew fabric. What a treat that must have been for you to open. Amy must have really searched for it. What a sweet daughter.

I love anything written by Debbie Macomber. I don't think I have read this book yet. Off to go and see ifnO can find it on my library ebooks.

Unknown said...

Those colored bamds are for excercise, used in place od dumbells. here is a link so you can see what they are for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qqnYOcSpY8

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love the Nancy Drew fabric. Would you want to cut it apart and put borders and make a lap quilt? I know you'll make something fun! A couple of throw pillows would be cute! holiday hugs!

Miss Merry said...

I love the fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it. How cool is that.

I have never ever gotten a present from my insurance company. I would be happy with a pen!!! What a great box of goodies. I just ordered a forehead thermometer for Christmas LOL. And a FitBit? You have to be kidding me!!! Wow!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh project bags for sure!! Wow that was a good haul from Blue Cross Blue Shield! And your cookies look great! :)

Betsy said...

That cartoon is really funny! I can't believe the package you got from Blue Cross Blue Shield. I've never heard of any such thing before. A thermometer, fitbit and BP monitor? Those aren't cheapie things! Fantastic!
That fabric. Oh my goodness! Amy sure knows her Mom doesn't she? There are so many things you could do with it, but my first thought was project bags too. It's perfect.
Have a great Christmas Eve Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you so much!!!

Rain said...

Wow Sam what a nice package from medicare. Fabulous! Your cookies look good! Wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I love the cartoon! :)