Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Advent Gift #8

 The gifts just keep getting better and better!  Amy got a box of Russell Stover chocolate candies and I got the cutest little rolling pins!!!  She got them at a garage sale last year (before covid) but then couldn't find them by the time our Advent came around.  That has happened to me!  They are old as they were children's play rolling pins but they are made just like the big ones.  So precious!  Not sure what I will do with them maybe a frame for a kitchen cross Stitch or to use as ornaments for a kitchen tree?  I just love them!

Today I got my pasta dinner made and some Christmas cookies.............they still need to be rolled in powdered sugar.....I call them snowballs but there are different names for them.  They are my very favorite Christmas cookie....

Here is my Chicken Joy that I've been working on.........it's actually a light green sparkly fabric but it doesn't show that in the photo..........

I was able to get a little work done outside too.  I brought pots into garage and rolled up the hose.  I also got the remains of the tomato plants out of the pots and put the cages away.

It was near 60 today so nice to be outside and tomorrow it's supposed to rain so I'm glad I got some work done.  It will be in the 60's tomorrow but when the sun shines on Thursday it will be in the 30's!

Very unusual weather this year for sure.

Here's another Christmas book.........

Here's  a double dose of humor for today.....the Rottweiler was sent by my daughter and so true!

Here's your Christmas humor............

Happy Trails!!!



4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Those rolling pins are just adorable. Go to Pinterest and see if they have ideas of how to use them. Everyone is making cookies, but not me. I am not keen on making them but love eating them. Go figure LOL. What a sweet looking xstitch. Love the dog funny. The facial expression on the dog is great. Your Christmas humor for today is perfect for this year. Poor Santa.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those rolling pins are so cute! I am sure you will use them some way! :)

Betsy said...

What cute little rolling pins. You could frame just the rolling pins.
Since I'm stuck inside now, I have another guilty pleasure on youtube besides knitting podcasts. I have now been drawn into the rabbit hole of floss tube! I'm fascinated.
Have a great Wednesday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know!!! That's about all I watch. My favorite is Celeste Creates.