Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year's Eve!!!

 I don't know where the week went but it went and I haven't blogged all week!  I must have been in a coma...although I was going to blog last night and my daughter called and by the time we got off the phone it was 5:00 p.m. and I had been up since 2:00 a.m. so I didn't even get supper made....just a pizza and I was done for the day.  I must admit, I am not pushing myself  as hard as I usually do because it is a holiday basically until after my birthday! LOL!

I made some banana nut bread yesterday and it was a new recipe that called for sour cream and what a difference it made!  I usually don't care for banana nut bread but this was tasty!

My snickerdoodle candle came in the mail and boy does it smell good!




 I've been browsing on the computer and found some cute free patterns..........from Priscilla and Chelsea
of the The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.......this cute pattern in honor of Chelsea's birthday..........
 

and this one from Needlework Press relating to Covid and this past year.............there are lots of free patterns out there and usually at least one from each designer.  Just visit their websites.

I was watching the latest episode of Celeste Creates and she mentioned a New Year's Eve start!  I had my plans for New Year's Day and my birthday start but I didn't know there was one for New Year's Eve!  Heavens!  So, I had a free pattern that I had wanted to start for awhile and I dragged it out........it's a reproduction sampler, my first!  I had material and cut it to size and zigzagged the edges on the sewing machine.  I dug into my floss and didn't have but 3 and they were all in obscure places in the pattern.  So, I ordered the needed floss and will start when it gets here.  I also ordered 2 patterns that were to be for New Year's Day and my birthday but alas....they will also have to wait.  Meanwhile I have been going through my fabric and I plan on making project bags.

  

I did cut more fabric and worked on my hexies and I've been working on my socks too.  I subscribed to CBS All Access so I am off to watch a football game!  Yay!
What are you doing for New Year's Eve?  Stay safe!

Happy Trails!!!
 





8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

The banana bread recipe sounds yummy. Where did you find the recipe? A snickerdoodle candle sounds fantastic. It would make me hungry lol. You have some lovely cross stitch patterns to work. How do you find free patterns?

Hubby and I will go to church tonight and then come home for the evening. We do not go out on this day. We call it amateur drinking night. Also, out dogs do not do well with the fireworks our neighbors take pleasure in shooting off. So we turn in the TV and increase the volume to help drown out the noise.

Happy New Year, Sam.

Miss Merry said...

We used our last restaurant gift card (we tend to hoard them in a special box) and had a very nice girl put dinner in our trunk at Longhorn Steakhouse in a neighboring city. No restaurants in our small town. We then put the containers in coolers and by gosh, our dinner was still warm when we got home. Now it's time for pjs and tv - wooo hooo, Happy New Year!

Becki said...

Your banana bread sounds delicious, Sam. A very Happy New Year to you!

Betsy said...

I really like your new patterns, especially the snowman! I'll be sure to check it out. I'm determined to do more cross stitch in 2021.
Can you share the recipe or website for the banana bread? I love banana bread and have never tried any recipes other than my Mom's.
It's 9:30 here and Dennis has been in bed since 9:00. He did go to work at 5:30 this morning so I don't blame him. We never do anything for New Years Eve, but I did make a cheeseball that we'll have sometime tomorrow. Whoo-hoo! Do we know how to celebrate or what?
Have a wonderful Day Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Far Guy is asleep already and I will be shortly we celebrated with cheese and crackers:) Happy New Year Sam!

Between Me and You said...

Happy New Year to you. You've always got something on the go. I love the sound of your banana bread,if you have a recipe? Have a lovely weekend.x

Rain said...

Happy New Year Sam! :) The patterns are really cute and the banana bread!!! My whole physiology has changed over the years, I can't handle bananas anymore without getting indigestion...maybe it's all the pesticides, sigh. It looks good though! Alex had to wake me up at midnight with a glass of apple bubbly...I couldn't keep my eyes open lol! :)

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com