Monday, October 12, 2020

Catching up with the Minimalist Challenge!

 Previously I had posted about Day's 1,2, and 4.  I skipped 3 for some reason so here are more days and hopefully by tomorrow I will be caught up!

Day #3 - October 3rd - 2 pairs of socks and a mesh laundry bag

Day #5 - October 5th - A bag of rug yarn, the rug canvas, the pattern and some yarn on a thread easel, a Notre Dame hat, and a belt

Day #6 - October 6th -  6 various craft kits (these were gifted to me by a friend who said to keep what I wanted and give away the rest so that is what I am doing

Day #7 - October 7th - more craft kits

Day #8 - October 8th - a craft kit, a frying pan, a pincushion, a water canteen, some floss picks (unopened), some sheriff badges...you know, just in case I need to form a posse... some rug yarn and a Christmas stocking..

Okay!  So now I just need to do October 9th, 10th, 11th,12th, and 13th for tomorrow!  Oh boy!

Yesterday was interesting as my neighbor was watching t.v. on her enclosed porch...Arkansas room?  Someone shot through her window....thank goodness it missed her.  She called the police and they found the bullet under her t.v. and said it was from a high caliber gun.  We have woods in back of our properties but the police determined that from the angle of the bullet coming through the window they were fairly certain that someone had shot into the air and it had come down.  The police were pretty certain it was from about a block over and not from the woods.  They had a previous complaint about gunshots over there.  There are laws here that prohibit guns being fired within the city limits.  But obviously there are always some yahoos that don't care about laws.....but if they hurt someone and have to go to jail for life I bet they would care.  We don't have many children here so I'm pretty sure it was an "adult" and I use that term loosely!  I'm out in my yard a lot working, hanging clothes, and of course I take my walks plus I am at my kitchen window a lot watching the hummers.  I pray that was a one time incident and not someone trying to shoot birds or squirrels or we will have more "accidents".

Today, the pest control guy comes and also does my annual termite inspection plus my mulch is finally being delivered via an 18 wheeler!  Busy day!  I hope you have a great one!  

Happy Trails!!!







7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Great job on the declutter. It is a good thing we don't live near each other. I would have snatched up the Notre Dame hat as well as a couple of those craft kits. Yup, several states between us is a good thing.

We have 'Shannon's Law' here. If you are caught shooting a gun in the air you have an automatic jail time. Shannon was a young girl who was killed when a bullet being shot in the air hit her in the head when it came down. Such a sad thing to have happen but there are lot's of yahoo's everywhere who don't think about gravity. (What goes up, must come down)

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, that is so scary. We had an incident in my town where some idiot adult fired a high capacity long gun at his property and missed the target. The bullet crossed from his backyard , across a four lane highway, into a neighborhood in town, through a second story window and landed in the wall above a babies crib. Since it was accidental, no charges.

Rain said...

OMG your poor neighbour must have been terrified! Geez. There are laws here too but I hear gun shots all the time now that we're so rural. Good job on the decluttering, you have a lot of craft kits to give away Sam!! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yikes that is scary about your neighbor! I hope they investigate further. You are doing good on the challenge!

Betsy said...

Way to go on the decluttering. It's a good thing we're so far away, I would have had a hard time resisting the craft kits.
How terrifying for your neighbor. I don't understand people at all.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becki said...

How awful that your neighbor had a bullet come into her home! And the other stories here - scary! Stay safe, Sam. Good going on the decluttering. And how nice to share the love of the gifted needlecraft kits. :)

April Horn said...

EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER DR JUMBA 
I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr.jumba  for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend broke up with me because he seeing another girl at his workplace and told me he is no longer interested in me and left me in pain and heartbreak. I was searching for help on the internet and I saw so many good talks about the great spell caster Dr. Jumba and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him because dr. Jumba is a very kind and trustworthy person. Contact him now on His email : Wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (908) 517 4108
 blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/  WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com