Sunday, October 25, 2020

YOP Week #17

 

No finishes this week...I've been busy de-cluttering and also getting the grands Halloween package together.  I did work on my sock  though and should finish the heel flap today...........it looks like there's a vertical zigzag pattern going on......
I'm hoping to have When Witches Go Riding done by Halloween but we'll see....I love it!   I'm over the halfway mark at least
 

I worked a bit on the The Bird with the Berries

The  only haul I got  this week was my first issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher......and everything they say about it is true!  It is one great magazine...topnotch designers and appropriate ads for items stitchers want. I already have my first project picked out........


 

Here's my first project......by Kitten Stitcher..............a pin keep set in a rusty mason jar lid.............isn't it cute?

This morning I was up early so I made my Swedish Puff Pastry for breakfast..........yum!  I forgot how good it was.  There are plenty of recipes out there on All Recipes if you want to make it.  Just Google it.

I also managed to get rid of 25 items for the de-clutter challenge...........18 books, 2 plant pots, a vegetable "swirler"?...it  makes corkscrews of zuchini etc., a coaster, 2 willow angels, and a bird statue.

That's all for this week.  Have a Happy Halloween for those of you who only stop by on Sundays.

Happy Trails!!!

 






12 comments:

Becki said...

I was thinking that looked like zigzags in the way that yarn was working up. How fun! And I can now see the bird (bent over to eat at the strawberry?) That is pretty. I LOVE that pin keep. Is this from a larger pattern that would look like a quilt when finished? Whether this is from that or a completely different pattern - yes - your pin keep is super cute! And your photo is great. Your Swedish Puff Pastry looks delicious. And good haul again on stuff leaving the house today. I imagine you have lots more space on your bookshelves about now. ;^)

Betsy said...

That sock is really neat the way the colors are zigging and zagging! I also really like that pin keep. I sure with I lived close to you. I would show up on your doorstep for breakfast and take those willow angels home with me. :-). Nothing like a selfish friend is there?! Ha!
Blessings,
Betsy

Maureen D said...

Congratulations on your de-cluttering. I really need to do one of those challenges!! My boys were supposed to clean out the garage as a Christmas present to me but Covid has delayed that till probably next fall. Those pink socks are so cute. You've reminded me that I have buttermilk in the frig because I was supposed to make flaky biscuits from America's Test Kitchen. On this week's to do list.

Leftycrafter said...

I like the zigzag pattern on the sock. It adds just the right amount of interest. Your pastry looks yummy. You always have something yummy at your home. Your cross stitch works are coming along. I think your witch one should be done by next Friday. I had never heard the term 'pin keep. I assume it is the same as pin cushion?

Grace said...

love those willow angels sorry to see them go!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty socks! That needle keep is really cute!

HighlandHeffalump said...

The needle keep looks lovely and wow your Halloween 🎃 project is flying along. Yum the pastries look yummy but I must resist looking it up, I need to stop putting on weight and try to lose some ahead of Christmas weight gain. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hill Top Post said...

You do make the best socks ever! Wish I could whip up a pair or two before it gets colder! And, your Swedish Puff Pastry is so wonderful looking! I don't eat gluten so you can imagine how much I would like to enjoy a Puff with my morning coffee.

Susan said...

Yay! We knit socks the same way - magic loop, yes? Your stitching is just lovely.

Cinna Knits said...

WHOA!! That pastry looks amazing.

And the pincushion, made me gasp with delight, LITERALLY!! Its really stunning. Sometimes the littlest things can be so beautiful.

Lucy Bowen said...

Your sock looks gorgeous, I do love a bit of pink! And I love gaw the witches cross stitch is coming on a treat.

Breathing Life said...

The zigzag pattern is so cool. Was it suppose to do that or is just some awesome pooling? The pincushion is delightful too. Such fun. Oh my - puff pastry - you are a crafting goddess and a kitchen goddess!! Your decluttering is going so well and you were organized enough to take pictures!! Doesn't it feel good to lighten the load? I am really into it now, and Becki has given me ideas of other areas of my house that could use decluttering (ie: seam tape in the sewing cabinet!)