Friday, October 2, 2020

Happy October!!!

  The first day of October was beautiful and I was busy all day yesterday and today. I have the windows open and it's nice and cool and there's a breeze.  I finally remembered to take my camera with me on my walk today so I got some "fall" pictures to show you although we are a long way from "peak" and the hummers are still here!  There are flowers blooming in the woods.............


 

and some colors starting to show up...........

We have loads of oak trees and they aren't the prettiest in the fall but it does get pretty eventually.  I'll take whatever "fall" I can get!
I had some big bags of dirt I needed to move and I  had a great idea to use my old luggage carrier that I used to  haul my luggage on before they put wheels on the bags.  I loaded each bag and strapped them on with the bunge cords that were part of it.  It worked slick!  I also went out to the highway and got gas for the Tahoe and the mower.  I received my mail in ballot yesterday that I had requested so I voted today and took it up to the postal box to mail.  I changed the sheets on my bed and did some laundry and I think I'm done for the day!
I hope you had a wonderful Friday!
Oh, BTW, my grands are emailing me now since they are "online" for school.  It's nice to get a "good morning, Grandma" from them.  Today, I emailed this to them...."Wash your hands and say your prayers because germs and Jesus are everywhere!"  I forget where I got it from so I apologize for not giving credit to whomever.
Happy Trails!!!  

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I envy where you live this time of year. Actually, all year. You have such gorgeous surroundings. Lots of nature to enjoy through all 4 seasons.

Miss Merry said...

I love your email! If I can only remember it when my grandkids send me an email.

Leigh said...

That's a cute saying to tell kids. :) I used to get my kids to write and send thank-you notes as part of their homeschool English.

Becki said...

The colors here are just starting to change. My favorite time of year! How nice to get e-mail from your grandkids, and I like your saying, too. :)

Rain said...

LOL that's great what you sent to the grands!!! :) Nice photos Sam! It's fall here too, just a wee bit too cold for me though! :)

Betsy said...

What a cute saying for your grandkids. I'll have to remember that for Piper.
Our hummingbirds left weeks ago and we're truly into fall. We're out at a remote campground this weekend and it's 48 degrees right now but supposed to be a sunny 75 by afternoon. I have a feeling it may be the last really nice weekend as it's predicted to get colder all week and rainy by the end of the week. We're going to enjoy this to the fullest and take Chloe for a long walk to the lake that's down the road. Monday the campground will be closed for the season until next April and some snow is falling in the mountains so I guess I have to face facts don't I? :-)
Have a lovely Saturday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes what a cute saying for everyone! You have a bit of fall...it is downright cold here today. I need to get out my winter boots and a heavier coat. I mowed/mulched at my brothers and his empty lot today...lots of leaves. I hope you have a great weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The Fall colors are so nice and welcome! I like that the grands write...how sweet! Enjoy your week!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com