Sunday, October 18, 2020

YOP Week #16


Grab yourself a "cuppa" as I have lots to show you!  I have 5 FFO's....final finished objects!  Yes, you heard right 5!  The grands 2020 Halloween collectible ornaments!  Ta Dah!  They have their initials and the year on them in the lower left corner.

Here's the back of them...I used Lori Holt's tutorial on finishing and I used little black "light bulb"safetypins and my vintage buttons.

I also final finished my 2 ornaments.............

and the backs.......

I worked on my Brill shawl but I ran out of yarn!  See that little tiny ball of blue yarn on the right?  I only got one row of blue and a little bit more out of 1 skein!  The pattern called for 1 skein and there are 10 rows of blue!  Huh?  I knit tightly too so this pattern was way off!  This was from Pom Pom magazine.  When I bought the pattern there were no notices that there was a mistake and it is from an older magazine.  Part of the reason I wanted to make it was it only called for 3 skeins of yarn.  So, I will be ordering more yarn for sure!  I love it so I will definitely finish it!

I worked on my sock when I ran out of yarn on Brill....I will continue to until the yarn arrives

I also worked on When Witches Go Riding by Prairie Schooler......love this and love working on it!  This week I did the owl and the branch and the words on that area....

The last thing I worked on was the red bird cross stitch using silk thread which is a dream to work with.....

Now for acquisitions and I have a whole bunch!  They all came in at once even though I ordered them weeks apart............first, a sewing notebook with zippered bags for patterns and such..........this was from Lori Holt at Fat Quarter Shop.  I 'm hoping this will help me to be more organized.....


Some Flea Market fabric and some Christmas fabric..........charm packs which are 5" squares.  I love the flea market mix and may be ordering yardage for curtains later on.

This is a pattern I've been wanting..........and I need to order the box to put it in!

Now, get ready for the grand finale!  Coming to America Celebrating 400 years!  1620 - 2020 by With Thy Needle and Thread......this is the box it came in..........

It came with everything but the fabric........and more!

It came with hand-dyed floss and the pattern.......
It also included another pattern about the harvest, a little pilgrim girl needle minder, a little pamphlet on the history of the women of the Mayflower, a sticker to fill out and put on the back of your needlework when finished, a needle card and another little photo....


I am over the moon about this kit!  I got it though Kitten Stitcher.  I have to find fabric for it but I will definitely start in 2020 even though I know I won't finish it then but this is the anniversary year so I must start it this year.  It's been out for awhile but I just didn't know about it.  L O V E!!!

I also got some Fall candles from Bath and Body as I had a coupon and they were having a sale!  These 2 fragrances are over the top!  So good!  The first one is Dutch Apple Waffle.....yum!

The second one is Pumpkin Snickerdoodle...another YUM!

I haven't burned them yet but I have been lifting the lids and taking a few whiffs!   My daughter told me they now have a BOGO for their candles and new scents!  Uh oh!  I may have to take a look!  Part of my stockpiling for Winter you know!

I hope you've had a great week, and that you are well and safe.

Happy Trails!!!















15 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Oh my, I absolutely adore the Halloween collectables for your grands. What a lovely gesture to individualise them too. I also love the Mayflower kit which looks like it will be a real labour of love and an heirloom in the making, that's for sure. It's unusual for Pom Pom Quarterly not to include an errata for the pattern. Perhaps you could email them and let them know, particularly since it's going to cost you more money to finish the shawl. There's a new bi-annual magazine coming out later this week called 'Making' which has an array of lovely things to knit and crochet. I'm trying not to order it! Have a good week, my talented friend. x

Maureen D said...

Non craft comment - I love scented candles too. Funny I just lit my Bonfire By The Lake candle. I just love fall spice scents and campfire scents. Nothing better than crafting to scented candles and a little music.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice finishes! The backs are as pretty as the fronts! You are rocking the crafts right now!! :)

Miss Merry said...

Your Halloween ornaments are wonderful! I love they way you finished them, too. The 400 years of America kit is pretty cool too! Lots of pretties this week!

Leftycrafter said...

Dang! Five finishes is fantastic. So happy to see your black cat completed. The other ornaments are cute. I am sure your grandsons will be pleased. Especially since their Grandma made them. How sad about the yarn on your brill shawl. I would think, if you are a tight knitter, the yarn would go further. You did get some lovely treasures this week. The Coming to America kit is fabulous. So many treasures in that box. Have a great week.

Diana said...

Oh my goodness, this is a lot to take in! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those special ornaments! I like the simple way you made the backs, what an ingenious idea! That "Coming To America" really has me intrigued -- I'm going to have to look into that book. (Interestingly enough, upon working on my hubby's genealogy years ago, I learned that one of his ancestors was on the Mayflower!) The Harvest Blessings pillow is beautiful - so bright and cheery! Be blessed, Sam!!

Betsy said...

Wow Sam! You are on a roll with your cross-stitching and knitting. I'm sorry about the shawl but at least you have lots to keep you busy while you wait for more yarn.
Love the ornaments and the way you finished them. That "Coming to America" kit is fantastic. So many wonderful things in them. Someday I will get a needle minder too.
The sewing notebook looks interesting but I know me, I would never keep it current.
Have a great Sunday Sam. It's a rainy, chilly one here so I'm hibernating.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becki said...

I do love your Coming To America cross stitch kit. I loved it so much that I went searching for it. I mistakenly read "Kitchen Stitcher" and I googled that, finding a Floss Tuber by that name.
Cool. The thing is... I must have spent a half hour watching her videos before considering that it would take me forever to find the video where she mentions this pattern. So I came back here only to to see I read it wrong! It's KITTEN Stitcher! Sigh. Well, I had fun watching Kitchen Stitcher for a bit and I will now enjoy watching YOU stitch Coming To America. :)

I love all your finishes, Sam! You're amazing me again with all you manage to accomplish!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love bath and body candle and I haven't smelled these scents...they sound wonderful! LOVE the cute Halloween stitches! So many cute things to make! Enjoy your week! I see you read another Miss Kopp book...aren't they good!!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Wow because I’ve got behind in posts there’s a lot of progress on your Halloween and the cat is finished! I do hope your grands appreciate the effort and love that go into these ornaments. Some gorgeous acquisitions and plans.

Jeanna said...

You have some really nice projects going and I love the FFO you did on the Halloween ornaments. I also have the Coming to America kit. Not sure when I'll start it but it's there...waiting, like so many others :)

Breathing Life said...

What a great week you have had. I love the ornaments for your grands. So thoughtful and such great keepsakes. That coming to America Kit is amazing - no wonder you are over the moon. You certainly know how to celebrate Hallowe'en - I love that about you!

Cinna Knits said...

I always love to see your cross stitch projects! They are truly beautiful treasures. Great work on all those finishes!

Susan said...

You are so multi-talented! I love those cross stitch ornaments. I feel like such a slug.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com