Thursday, October 29, 2020

Day #29 of de-cluttering and more!

Can you believe it?  29 more audio  tapes!  Those were the days!
 

 
I got a Halloween package in the mail today!  From my daughter and her family.......I used to draw on their cards etc but they have taken it to a whole new level and they are better at it!

and here's what I received..........some tasty goodies for Halloween night! Including bacon jerky!  Everything I love to eat is right there in that picture!

wipes are like a standard gift nowadays along with anti-bacterial hand gel that I sent them! LOL!


and look at these stunning socks to add to my Fall wardrobe...........


I also got a special drink container to drink out of on Halloween......


  I took down the hummingbird feeder and put up the bird feeder.  I think it's high enough that the deer won't get it but they can stand on their hind legs so we'll see.  So far the birds have not visited.  Not sure how they find their way but hopefully someone will stop by and tell the others.  The feeder is white but it sure doesn't look like it in that picture.

 I made caramel apples today!  What a job!  No wonder no one makes them from scratch anymore.....your arms fall off from all  the stirring for like 30 minutes!!!  In the past I have used Kraft caramels and melted them but I thought I would try making them from scratch.  The only thing is that you get the popsicle sticks for  the apples inside the bag of caramels and I didn't have any.  I did have some shishkabob sticks so I used 2 of those.  They look good but I haven't tried one yet.

The other thing I did yesterday and today is make some granny squares.  I needed a break from XS and I hadn't crocheted in awhile.  Plus, it uses up my stash!  I really want to order some of Lori Holt's cotton yarn and I have several granny square projects I'd like to make with it.


 I hope you are having a great day and doing something you love!  Stay safe and stay well!

 Happy Trails!!!

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Betsy said...

What a fun, fun package. I've never heard of bacon jerky but based on my absolute obsession with bacon, I know I would love it! The caramel apples look delicious. They are one of Dennis' favorites and I should make him some but they ARE hard work. Maybe I should order just one from the grocery order if they have them.
I'm finishing a shawl that I had on my needles before working on Pipers sweaters. After that I want to try a pair of worsted socks to wear here in the RV this winter. And THEN I want to crochet something. Maybe a baby blanket or some doilies?
Take care Same. I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

What a fun package to receive! I love the gifts you exchange back and forth with your family. I can feel the love!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I thoughts it was a lot of work to melt the Kraft caramels! lol But it sure brings back memories and I've made home made candy in the past. Love your package and all the fun goodies. The socks are very cute! Enjoy your evening!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a nice package! Full of your favorite stuff! Those caramel apples look yummy!! I have apples...and maybe some dipping caramel in the pantry! :)

Becki said...

I love all your gifts, and I really love the fun drawing on the package. It's been a long time since I've had a caramel apple. Mmmm. Enjoy all your goodies!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com