Friday, May 7, 2021

I forgot to blog yesterday!

 I thought of it after I was in bed! LOL!  The problem was I found my first tick on me and although I ripped it off...it had been there for awhile, I was "itchy" and worried if I had anymore on me!  I don't hate much at all but I do hate ticks! LOL!  So, I totally spaced off blogging.

I will show you both Stitch Maynia Day #6 and Day #7.  Here is yesterday's.........another Halloween ornament from Satsuma House on Etsy.  These are kits with all the  supplies included and there are sequins too


 Here's my little progress.....again this was from last year's Stitch Maynia

Today's was short
lived............I ran out of floss and need to order more for this cross stitch project........this is one of A Year of Celebrations by Hands On Design


 I ordered groceries yesterday and picked them up this morning.  It's a beautiful day here.  I've unloaded, de-bagged and disinfected but I still need to put it all away.   I got some Spring/Summer candles............I got a lemon, 2 watermelon and an After the Rain scent..............

I made a great breakfast/brunch yesterday called  "The Perfect Breakfast" and it was!  Here's the link

and here's mine.............I changed mine a bit; I did not have sourdough bread so I used that swirl bread toasted (rye and pumperknickle combined), I also only used one egg per slice of bread.  It was so yummy! It's a keeper recipe for sure and filled me up until suppertime.  Next time I will only make one sandwich.

I watched Saltbox Stitcher last night and she mentioned 2 different SALs and/or clubs.  One is Maggie Bonami on Facebook with a 4 season wool applique group.  It's $57 for each season and Carol showed them on her podcast.  She's joining up.  The other one is Temecula Quilt Co.;  their mini quilt club which is $25 a month.  I won't be doing the Maggie one as I have LOTS of wool applique and patterns too but I am tempted to join the Temecula club as it includes all the materials and they have the prettiest fabrics!  We'll see.  

Do you have plans for Mother's Day?  I' m either going to make another corned beef and make Reuben sandwiches or Brats with potato salad and baked beans and a fruit pizza !  Yum!  It's making me hungry so I'd better go put  those groceries away and rustle  up some supper!

Happy Trails!!!
 




5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

That recipe sounds wonderful. It has all my favorites mixed together. I hope that tick does not make you sick. We have so much Lyme disease here. It is scarey. Probably why I don't hike in the woods here.

Your choices for Mother's day menu all sound wonderful.

Betsy said...

I know exactly how you feel about ticks. I used to have a lot of them as a child. Playing outside around cottonwood trees does that. I had never heard of any tick bourne illnesses, I don't think our parents had either. They just took them off of us and told us to go play. :-)
The recipe sounds really good and I'm going to try it soon.
I'm taking Mom and we're going to Mandy's for Mother's Day lunch after church. Her mom-in-law, father-in-law and brother-in-law will be there too. Brad will still be out of town working.
Have a wonderful Saturday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Last time I had a tick on me was in GA. Thought it was just a speck of something on my chest but then I had to pry it off. Crazy how it managed to get down my shirt and in my bra without me noticing. I think I had been doing yard work at the time. We certainly never worried about any kind of disease back then. You sure have a lot of projects going on. I'm 3/4's of the way done with a bookmark and only realized after several days working on it that I was stiching on the backside. Oops! Now I have to figure out a way to add trim to hide that fact. Have a good weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeewww avacado...I ama bit gaggy. We are used to ticks...and I have residual Lymes...now a days I take one doxyclycine if I am bitten and old DR friend says that is the best way to prevent Lymes. I am doing a CAL now a Mosaic one and it is great fun!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Fingers crossed nothing comes from the tick.