Monday, May 3, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #3

 Not only is it Stitch Maynia but my oldest son turned 50 years old today!  I never thought I would live to have children that old!  I am blessed to have lived that long and so are they!

For Stitch Maynia it is another WIP from last year's Stitch Maynia.............A Year of Celebrations by Hands On Design.  I finished February and all of the rose color on the heart today.........after SM I will continue to work on these.........

Here's a picture of my south east bed that I weeded and mulched the other day...........

One little bit done and hopefully the mulch will keep the weeds down or at least easier to pull if they do pop up.  I have lots more to do and I can already tell I will need more mulch!

I got up late today....6:30 a.m.  I slept 9 hours!  I washed a load of clothes cleaned up the house and emptied and lined all the garbages in the house and then took the big one out to the street for garbage day tomorrow.  I also brought in 38 lbs. of litter from the car and 40 lbs of softner salt.  The litter I can separate into individual bags so they don't weigh that much but the salt is getting a bit much for me to lug.  I called Morton Salt Company and explained my situation (I figure I'm not the only old person that has difficulty getting the 40 lb bags in the house and into the softner.)  I recommended they make some 20 lb bags.  She said they make 25 lb. ones.  Great, except she checked and I would have to drive over an hour to get them.  I checked Walmart and you can get them but not for pickup or in the store.  You have to order from them or Amazon and a normally $7 bag will cost you  $24.  I might have to do it as I know I really struggle now to lift those bags.  We'll see.  I may be going to Mountain Home before long and Home Depot carries them. 

That is about all I've gotten done today!  I was going to work outside and plant but it's raining now when there is nothing on the radar....go figure!  I'll work in the garage.  I hope your Monday is more productive than mine!

Happy Trails!!! 




9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your southeast bed looks so nice. Your xstitch is pretty. I am really going to enjoy watching your SM this month. Send some of that rain our way please

Becki said...

Oh, I hear you on those heavy salt bags. If hubs is every unable to lift them (and they are heavy for him, too), I think we'll just end up paying some young thing to do that work for us. We do that occasionally now. If it truly fell on me, I'd have to have someone else do it. Your mulched space looks beautiful. I need to get myself outside and do this kind of work. I know I'll be sore afterwards, though, so I resist. I look forward to all your stitch mania plans.

Miss Merry said...

I have trouble lifting and pouring from those new shaped milk gallons. With the grandkids here, we drink a lot of milk. Fortunately I can get the 1/2 gallons at Aldi without breaking the bank too much. I do get some strange looks from people when I have 4 or 6 1/2 gallons in my cart when gallons are cheaper.

I do wonder how my children can be older than I think I am in my own mind.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

One of my sons turns 50 this month too...but it's not my oldest! It DOES seem old to have 'kids' in their 50s though, doesn't it? Have a good week. Hope you don't get any of the bad weather. Hugs!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Our oldest daughter will be 50 next year if she makes it that long. My parents struggle with the softner salt also. We don't have a softner here our water is just fine! Your east bed looks great! :)

Betsy said...

You sure get a lot done Sam. I'm enjoying your cross stitch every day. Especially todays as February is my birthday month. :-)
I understand about the heavy bags. I've already decided that if Dennis ever can't mow and do the yardwork here, I'm hiring it done. There is no way I can mow this yard. I spent 4 1/2 hours weeding the mulch beds this afternoon, only stopping because it got dark. I wanted to "make hay while the sun shines" because it's nice and cool right now after the storms went through last night. We both like a neat yard and I feel an obligation to Sami, the previous owner who always had it perfect. She actually mowed every other day. We're NOT going to do that!
Mandy is in her early 40's and that seems crazy to me. Where did those years go? She's still only Piper's age isn't she?
Take care my dear friend and enjoy your stitching.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You are ALWAYS productive, Sam. I had to look up salt for softening. Do you know, I had no idea that was something anyone did. Interesting. What if you had someone help you open the bag wherever you buy it and then pour it into two buckets that might be easier for you to carry and store? I turned 55 in February and I still wonder how that can be? Age is such a very strange thing. I'd like to think I'm somewhat older and wiser, but don't feel a whole lot different (though my joints and certain skin parts tell a different story :) Happy birthday to your son.

Shirley said...

You can order your product from Walmart.com and as long as your order is $35.00, there is no delivery charge. I order my 35 lb. pails of kitty litter and just order enough to have $35 or more. The pails show up on my doorstep. Almost like magic. (smile)

Anonymous said...

I want to testify about Mr Carlos E who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met Mr Carlos E. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin.I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, Mr Carlos is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: carlose78910@gmail.com or WhatsApp: (+12166263236)