Sunday, May 30, 2021

YOP Week #48


 Well, I went to blog Thursday night and the power went out (we had big storms).....it came back on then went out 3 times....so I gave up on blogging.  Friday and Saturday I just got busy with cooking and cleaning and yard work so I was just too tuckered out.  I'm still tired today....I  may take a nap after this....lol!

So, to catch you up on Stitch Maynia, here is Day #27 which is a  plastic mesh project bag that I am cross stitching a Cath Kidson little window with curtains onto...............

Day #28 is another  plastic project bag with a Cath Kidson rose being stitched on it......
Day #29 was another project bag with a Cath Kidson big flower being stitched on it..........these bags came in a set of 3 with 3 different sizes........from Fat quarter Shop

For today, Day #30, I am working on a Bee Sampler by Little House Needleworks.......

Here's my progress.............not much..........but the day's not over....

I did not get a final finish done nor did I rework my applique snowman.  I did, however, start another Giant Granny Square blanket.  It's so fun and mindless....just my  type of project.  Plus, it is the best one for using up my old acrylic yarn stash.  I love the vintage style and look.  It fits right in with my eclectic decor.

I made a great dinner but it took me 2 days! LOL!  Lots of prep work but I finished it off and baked it last night.....so good!  I said to myself that it better be good after all that work and it was!  It was another recipe from my favorite chef, Art Smith...........Spring Vegetable Lasagna......with ham, asparagus, white sauce and cheese..........

I also made bread...........

With all the rain we've had the garden and flowers are doing wonderful...........my climbing roses have climbed into my Rose of Sharon tree............they're pretty but absolutely no smell to them...what a shame....

the petunias are doing great..........

the Stella D'oro lilies are blooming and the Japanese Iris and my other irises have come and gone already...

I planted some more....herbs.......

more tomatoes.........

onions

I still have more to plant.....hopefully this weekend.  It was only 41 degrees here this morning and I had to turn the heat on!  Brr....but I'd rather have it cool than hot!

I think that's all for this week......only one month left of this YOP year!  I need to start making plans for YOP 2021-2022!  That year went by very fast!  

I hope you have a nice Memorial Day tomorrow in the U.S. and please pay homage to all  those who gave their lives in service to our country.

 Happy Trails!!!










 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

The lasagna looks very yummy. Putting veggies in casseroles is one of my favorite things to do. You have done so well with the SM this month. Now you have a lot of projects to choose from. Another giant granny square blanket is perfect for stash busting. Yours are always so colorful. Have a good week.

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

Wow that lasagna looks so good - and the bread as well. I love your variety of crafting projects this week.

Becki said...

Oooh... that lasagana looks amazing, and it sounds like a great combination of flavors. And yes - the bread looks good too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The bread looks great! Send rain this way! Hope you have a good week!

Cousin Kay said...

Love the colors in the granny square and the lasagna looks delicious. I like to try different lasagna recipes.

Maureen D said...

It has been such a weird year for gardening. We had a terrible cold snap this weekend although fortunately no frost. Even so my gardening is way behind due to the cool temperatures. I'm not much of a gardener but do have a lot of potted plants on our deck - spices for hubby's cooking and flowers for me. Your flowers look wonderful. I'm unfortunately fighting white flies on many of my plants that I overwintered.

Betsy said...

I had to turn my sprinkler on tonight to run in the morning. We were promised rain today and it went north AND south of us but none here. We've had a very cool weekend, just how I like it but predictions are about 90 by the weekend.
Your lasagna and bread look SO good. I love lasagna but I have so much Covid weight to lose. I'm embarrassed to say how much but the trip to the cardiologist was a real wake up call. :-(
Your flowers and garden look great and I think the Honeybee Sampler is very, very cute. My cross-stitch projects need to be small though because I can't afford to frame anymore!
I'm glad you made it through the storms okay. There have sure been a LOT of them down south this year.
Take care my friend.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m so impressed with your cooking. I can’t remember the last time I made lasagna but it’ll be years ago. I do love the bee sampler. It’s crazy only 4 weeks left isn’t it. We are having the nice weather at the moment, seems we must have stolen it from the US.

Miss Merry said...

I am so jealous of your loaf of bread. It looks absolutely picture perfect but that would not stop me from cutting a thick wedge and adding some butter and strawberry jam. And for lunch I will do two slices, toast them and add some butter and garlic seasoning. mmmmmm

Breathing Life said...

Oh my that dinner of lasagne and fresh bread looks amazing. I love all your gardening photos! Happy crafting this coming week, and yes, we have to get going on our 21/22 yopping lists!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your bread and lasagne look delicious. I'm going to go and make bread myself now! Your stitching is going to be brilliant as usual and the flowers look great.

Cinna Knits said...

Your bee sampler is adorable!
When I was in college, I had this really cute laminated fabric Cath Kidson tote. It was SO pink. Your cross stitches have reminded me of that adorable bag!!

I love giant granny blankets too!! I can't wait to see this one.