Saturday, May 15, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #15 and it's raining again!

 I don't mind the rain except they didn't really predict it and I had plans to work outside....oh well, I actually do rain plans and sun plans.  I used to do that with my children when they were young so we always had a backup plan.

I have been working on SM #15 which is June from A Year of Celebrations by Hands On Design.....all I had when I picked it up this morning was part of the "J" stitched......I've made some progress!

BTW, The repair guy came yesterday and he was able to fix my oven!!!  Yay!  He even had the part in his truck....PTL!  He said that the coils/elements on electric ovens really haven't changed much ....evidently not, since mine is 50 years old!  It was only $178 which I thought was a bargain compared to a new wall oven!  I mentioned getting a convection countertop oven and he said he has one and loves it.  It doesn't heat up your kitchen either......I may get one!

 This morning I sliced up the corned beef, cleaned up the house, put some clean clothes away and cleaned a kitchen drawer...the silverware drawer.  I went uptown and mailed some bills and stopped and got a bottle of antiseptic mouthwash.  I Googled how to get rid of powdery mildew which is on my tomato plants and it said to spray liberally with mouthwash!  But by the time I got home it was raining. I made fresh food for the hummers and this morning I fixed an egg and a couple hash brown patties for brunch.

Some magazine publishers keep sending me magazines I have never subscribed too which is such a waste of paper.  This one showed up today and I was shocked.............see those shoes?  I used to have a pair of Reebok high tops that exact color with matching socks that I would wear to work with my suits.  I took my heels with me but I had quite a hike from the parking lot to the building so I would wear my Reeboks and then put my heels on when I got to my office.  I must have been a trendsetter as they are back in style! LOL!  I notice with this magazine that there is never an older person on the cover just some young female with skin showing! LOL!

I did manage to cut my peonies before the rain started..oh, they smell so good!  It's supposed to rain for the next several days......candle weather!

Happy Trails!!!



 


4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

PTL that he was able to fix your oven. He sounds like a super repairman with parts in his truck, too! Isnt' it funny to see what we wore long ago come back into style. Even the things we were embarrassed to look back on. I spent a lot of time today looking for a skirt that I have now determined I must have given to Goodwill. Oh well.

Betsy said...

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get your oven fixed fairly easily. I had the same kind of thing with our sprinkler system last week. The repairman just happened to have the exact control box we needed.
You sure got a lot done on your cross-stitch. We're supposed to have rain every day for the next week. Mandy and Dennis mowed ours and Mom's yards today so at least that got taken care of before the rains come.
Have a wonderful Sunday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lucy Bowen said...

Yay for the fixed oven! Your peonies are beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So happy that your oven is fixed!! SEnd rain North!