Sunday, May 9, 2021

YOP Week #45

I have a finish!!!  The Giant Granny Square blanket is done, ends woven in and washed and dried!  Ready to be put into use.....probably next Fall/Winter.............I may make another one as I still have lots of old acrylic yarn to use and it's great for that!

It was Stitch Maynia, of course, so I worked on cross stitch projects each day and you can check back on my daily posts if you want to see them.  Yesterday was a project I couldn't find so I jumped ahead to Day #9 and worked on the 2nd and last new start for this Stitch Maynia year.  I will be working on it today too...........a red alphabet sampler.........Stitch Maynia Day #9


I look ahead to the next days project which will be Day #10 tomorrow and discovered a "dilemma"......I love this piece by Heartstring Samplery.  It is a quote from the Bible.........Isaiah 6-11

Here is my progress from last year...........if you look closely you can tell there is no way I am going to fit "re wron-" on to the end of that "a"!  I measured it and sure enough.....I cut the fabric the wrong size!

So, I need to find or order a bigger piece and start over.   As I always say....it could be worse.  If I have fabric on hand I can work on it tomorrow otherwise I will need to, once again, jump ahead. 

I decided that I will probably always have a pair of socks on the go and also a blanket.  I love making crocheted blankets as you can memorize the pattern and just pick it up and get to work.  Great for watching t.v. too.  I have several WIP blankets so I pulled one out last night...... The Victorian Lattice blanket.  I think a few of you have made this already.  This is where I left off.  I started the light blue square last night.  This is made using my Stylecraft Special DK and it is very soft.  It is acrylic and washes and dries up beautifully.  I'm not sure how big I will make it.  I was thinking maybe as wide as my 2 chairs in my family room and long enough to go over the back and the seat of the chairs. 


 I got "treasures" in the mail yesterday!  Just in time for Mother's Day!  These are all patterns and kits from Bareroots............I always like to make something each year for each holiday .....these will take care of the ones this summer...........

This is a kit with all the materials to make this cute birthday candle mat........

Another kit with all the materials ....these are wool felt applique...........

and these................for Valentine's Day...........

I promised my self I have to finish my snowman wool applique first though....

This coming week is more gardening as it has been raining so I haven't been able to get out there (or I had other things to do)........it stormed early this morning and is getting ready to storm again. I will be hopefully, finishing up the fox scarf, and a XS finish, socks, blanket, and of course, Stitch Maynia!

I fed the hummers this morning...their syrup only lasts about 2 days!  They are hungry and I think there are more this year.  I  made baked beans earlier this morning, brats yesterday, and now I need to make potato salad and a fruit pizza.   That should keep me happy for a few days! LOL!

I hope you are all well and having a Happy Mother's Day (here in the U.S)!

Happy Trails!!!
 










 

16 comments:

Grammy Braxton said...

Did you check your orientation of your piece? Maybe you just turned it wrong when you started. Speaking from experience! LOL

Miss Merry said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Maureen D said...

That giant granny square blanket is so colorful and beautiful. It's going to be such a joy to use. It's cool enough here to use it now!!!

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

Oh man that's always the worst when you have momentum/interest to start something and then you can't for some reason! The rest of your projects look great and what happy mail!

Cousin Kay said...

Your blanket is beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

Becki said...

I always love seeing your projects, Sam. And the variety of things you enjoy doing. Your granny square blanket looks great. The whole time you've been making yours, I've wanted to make one, too, but I'm telling myself I'm not starting another blanket until this blue and white one for my son is finished. It seems to be taking me forever!

Betsy said...

You have so many fun projects going on and also new ones too. I'm sorry you're ran into a few snafu's but I'm sure you'll get them figured out soon.
I think the blanket and socks are lovely ideas.
I hope you have had a great Mother's Day. I spent it with Mandy and Piper and Mandy's in-laws and had a lovely time.
Dennis got here tonight and I can't tell you how happy I am.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

I think you have enough going to keep you busy into 2030! That blanket is absolutely beautiful! I wish I had learned to crochet. We haven't had the hummers yet, but I have their feeders washed and ready to fill and hang. We have had nothing but cold, wet weather. Yesterday there was a brief period of sun, which was nice. It's so much fun to see all your projects. xo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a great day. Your projects re great...being scotch on cross stitch fabric are we? Oh well you can uses that fabric for something else! Have to look on the bright side. :)

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats on the completed blanket. The colors are so pretty. It will be a very cheery item to bring out during the gray winter days. You got some lovely treasures in the mail this week. I love xstitch kits that contain everything in them you need. Makes working in them so much simpler. Sorry to hear your fabric for the Bible verse sampler is the wrong size. Hopefully you have more fabric and don't need to order more. Sounds like you have some tasty items to eat this coming week. It's alway nice to cook ahead.

Breathing Life said...

I am glad you found the mistake on only the first line. Phew!. Happy Mother's Day to you too from Canada. I love all your kits - but I think you must have the patience of a saint for all the little stitches your are making. I am in awe. I too seem to always have a pair of socks on the go. I think I am off blankets for a while as I have four in the cedar chest waiting for good homes. However, I think my new addiction is sweaters! Always thinking of the next one to knit.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes.....I've done that before too but this time I just measured wrong...duh.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Here too! This has been a strange Spring for this area.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Congratulations on the blanket finish, it looks nice and cosy. What a nuisance about the fabric size. This one has so many words on it, it should keep you going a long time.

Lucy Bowen said...

I hope you have had the chance to get into the garden this week - I'm hoping to do the same myself today! The blanket is fab well done.

Anonymous said...

I want to testify about Mr Carlos E who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met Mr Carlos E. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin.I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, Mr Carlos is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: carlose78910@gmail.com or WhatsApp: (+12166263236)