Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #12 and gardening

 Today is another Year of Celebrations cross stitch by Hands On Design.   It is April..............there's part of a cloud and part of an umbrella.  I was missing the blue for the cloud so I used one I had that I really liked.  It's darker than the called for blue but I am getting braver about choosing my own colors. 

Today the sun was shining so I got outside.  I got another tote prepped and planted.  It takes a bit of time as I have to poke holes in it and then fill the bottom with brush and leaves, then a layer of dirt, then compost then more dirt.  I also pruned the tomato and finally planted it.  It's a little leggy from being in the house but it will perk up. 

Here's my tomato with the powdery mildew....there are some things I can use on it but I'll have to look it up again.....simple home remedies...no chemicals.

My Jackmani clematis is blooming.............  

I did some more trimming and raking and my lilac seems to have settled right in and the petunias too.  That's about it for today.  I hope you had a good one!

Happy Trails!!!




3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

A busy day! I like the blue you choose for the clouds. Good luck with the tomatoes.

Betsy said...

I like that blue Sam. At first I thought it was wisps of smoke out of a volcano! Ha!
We had a beautiful day here too. After a three hour visit to the cardiologist we spent the afternoon having my car inspected and getting it registered. Then we tried for our drivers licenses, not knowing we had to have passports to get them. Otherwis birth certificates and marriage license plus two pieces of mail. So we'll be going back tomorrow with our passports. Then it was home to unpack some boxes. Moving is hard.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

I think the blue you chose is fine. Hopefully the powdery mildew goes away with your vigilance.