Thursday, May 20, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #20 and cleaning

 More rain but it has cleared off now for a while and the sun is out...which causes "instability in the atmosphere" and now there are more storms popping up west of us.  After tonight it's supposed to be clear for awhile.  I need to get some outside work done!

Today for Stitch Maynia it was a free pattern from Lela Mae Designs who is on FB and lives in Arkansas.  It's Bee Happy............

I did get a treasure in the mail today...............some fabric by Urban Chiks called "Cheeky"..........I love it!  I ordered it from Knotted Threads on Etsy and was she ever fast!  She shipped it the day I ordered it.  I will order from her again.  She also does long-arm quilting.

This is a fat quarter bundle.

On the opposite end of the spectrum.  I ordered from Country Stitches which is Brenda Gervais, a well-known cross stitch designer and crafter.  I placed an order on May 5 and I didn't see anything deducted from my bank account so I went to check.  When I did there was a sign on her website saying there would be no orders processed until May 19....so, I figured maybe I missed that so I waited and checked today and there was a note saying no orders would be processed until May 24th!  What?  Not very good business practice unless she has an illness or a family emergency but she should say so otherwise it doesn't look good.  Sometimes people get too big for their britches!

I spent the day getting my cell phone to work and activating my prepaid card.  I vacuumed and scrubbed my shower and the floor in my bathroom.  I had some financial things to take care of too.  I have a Black and Decker Scum Buster which is a battery powered scrubbing machine with various attachments.  It's great to use as my hands are not that strong anymore and with the arthritis it makes it difficult to really scrub like I used to.  I was going to use it today but the battery is dead.  So, I researched it and found I can get a charger and 2 batteries for $16.....not bad!  Of course with Amazon I wait to order until I have enough to get free shipping.  I had Prime but it wasn't worth it for me so I canceled it.   The phone and the researching took a lot of time but at least I can make a call with my phone now.  I still have yet to text or take a picture and I think I have to set up email too....oh boy! LOL!

I hope you had a wonderful day and Connie I sent some rain your way!  Let me know if you receive it!

Happy Trails!!!




9 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I think I will have to look into that scrubber!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got just enough rain to wet the ground...no puddles...try again! I have had shipments of yarn sit in a city 90 miles away for up to five days...who knows what goes on in those places! Your fabric looks very pretty!

Betsy said...

That bee is going to be so cute, it already it!
It's rained every day this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be marginally better but hot and humid too. Dennis wants badly to mow the grass tomorrow before he leaves early Saturday. I hope we get a window of opportunity.
Your fabric is so pretty. I love fat quarters and I'm not even really a quilter. :-). I have used them for a few project bags though.
It sounds to me like you got a LOT done today. I scrubbed bathrooms today too. We had lots of company for dinner. I made homemade chicken and noodles for eight people. We had a great time!
Hope your Friday is wonderful Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Mine is old. They have nicer ones now with extension handles. Dremel also has one out now.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm all out of rain now...sorry....last night was the last of it for a while and there wasn't even any thunder.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You cleaned AND made dinner for 8 people? You're Superwoman!

Becki said...

I must be living under a rock - I've never heard of the Scumbuster. Never imagined there was such a thing. Appears it can be purchased at Home Depot for under $40.00. I think I need one!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional crypto trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Carlos Trading Signal for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 8,500usd with little investment funds. Carlos Trading Signal you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

Jennifer K Robert said...

Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Phone: +1 719 629 0982


E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).