Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #18 and cookies finally!

 Today's project was a tough one although I love it...........it is to commemorate the death of my son which will have been 2 years ago this July.  When I saw this cross stitch I knew I had to stitch it.  He was cremated so I have no grave to visit.  I am stitching this so I can have something that will honor him.   I haven't had the courage to go through pictures yet but when I do there will be pictures of him surrounding the stitchery.  After Stitch Maynia, this piece with be a priority in my cross stitch rotation.  As for the "I'll not be sad or shed a tear"...not true in my case.  You heal but there is always a scar.


    I have a lot to stitch as this is a big piece ....the gal who designed this did so for her mother who passed.  She did a beautiful job! 

It's still raining here...it stops and starts but it is wet out there!  I went to bring the garbage can in and had to dump about 3 or 4 inches of water out of it....a giant rain gauge! LOL!

I made peanut butter cookies....today; I never got to them last night.  When my energy runs out there is no warning.....it's like hitting a brick wall and I am finished for the day!

Here's a picture of Miss Peeps with her "baby"....she has 2 but this one is her favorite.......she was napping with it until I took her picture........

There was another critter but this one was outside......a yearling.............

I was trying make pages for my recipes on my blog but since Blogger changed everything it's not working the way it used to.  Now it asks for a link.  It was so much better the old way.  Oh well, I don't mind change but I like change that works!

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

What a beautiful saying to be cross stitching. It made me tear up just reading it. Those cookies look just like the ones my mom use to make. Yummy. How sweet is that yearling. Looks like it posed just for your photo. I think it is so sweet when the fur babies claim a toy as their baby. Our cat "Tom" had a baby that went everywhere with him.

Cousin Kay said...

That will be a beautiful tribute to your son.

Miss Merry said...

Your cross stitch is precious. It will be such a wonderful tribute to your son. I am so sorry about your loss. I know it will be a difficult project, but so meaningful (hugs)

Betsy said...

Sam, that is a beautiful cross-stitch to honor your son. It doesn't seem possible that it's been two years.
The cookies look like the ones I make from my Mom's recipe that she gave me 45 years ago. They are so good.
The yearling is beautiful. How graceful they look.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Such a loss to lose a child. Sending healing thoughts from afar. Your cross-stitch will be a beautiful tribute to your son.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beautiful sampler, I know you miss your son very much. Wow those cookies look great. You have lots of projects going!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional crypto trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Carlos Trading Signal for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 8,500usd with little investment funds. Carlos Trading Signal you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.