Sunday, May 23, 2021

YOP Week #47

I didn't post last Sunday as I was really tired and had nothing really to post so I took a "sick day"!  LOL!

But I am back and have some  progress!  This week has been very productive!  I hope I can keep it up.

Of course, it is still Stitch Maynia and I posted each day and today is Day #23.  I haven't worked on it yet today but I'll show you what it is and the little bit I got done last year! LOL!

This is for my daughter as she used to say that a lot!  I think she says it to her kids too; both hers and her students! LOL!

It looks like part of the witch's hat is about all that was stitched last year.......... I wonder if I could finish it by her birthday in July?  If not there's always Christmas...lol!

I do have a Final Finish though!  So exciting and it is the best finish I have ever done....IMHO.....this is the front....

and this is the back............

I am doing Final Finish Friday every Friday as it really works for me.  I also worked on my snowman wool applique and finished cutting it all out and pinning it to the muslin backing.  I bought some basting glue but do you think I could find it?  This house swallows things! I also  have special applique pins but I couldn't find them either.  I REALLY need to organize my craft room!

Here's mine...............it has to be stitched now....

I didn't have the beige they called for so I used this tan wool but I think I may replace it with white....the tan looks a little strange.  A patchwork snowman?  Or just "dirty" snow?  Yes, I will be replacing those 2 pieces.

 I did a couple squares on the Victorian Lattice but I can't really watch t.v. and do them.  I may have to start another mindless Giant Granny.  It was so enjoyable and I looked forward to it every evening.

Now, to stay accountable I am going to start listing my YOP goals for 2020-2021 which I should have been doing all along!

1.  Dala horse pincushion FINISHED

2.  Crocheted cell phone cover (which didn't fit her cell phone) FINISHED

3.  Snowman Wool Applique WIP

4.  Mexican Metal Tray(s)

5.  Candy Kisses scarf/shawl FINISHED

6.  Wild Oaks Pincushion WIP

7.  Frida Kahlo basket FINISHED

8.Brill Shawl WIP (I forgot all about this one and I need to order yarn!)

9.  punch Needle Halloween project

10,  Quilt for my bed

11.  Rag Rug WIP

12.  Cobblers aprons to sew

13.  Rose City Roller's socks

14.  Hooky pillow FINISHED

Cross Stitch

1.  Chicken Joy WIP (needs final finish)

2.  Luck FINISHED

There she blows, matey!  I have my work cut out for me with only about a month to go!  Wish me luck and God speed!

Happy Trails!!!

P.S.  If you want to see pictures of all these projects for YOP just click on the "YOP 2020-2021" label on the right hand side of my blog.  





12 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your flying monkey cross stitch looks like the top of the cat head. I also agree about replacing the tan with white for the snowman. How cute is that one! Your finished little pillow i precious. You did a great job on it. Your list has quite a few GO and some WIP. Very impressive.

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I love seeing all your projects - the luck pillow turned out great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes switch out the beige! Have fun Sam!

Miss Merry said...

I would replace the tan with something lighter. But it is a great snowman! And I just love the cat on the flying monkeys project. So cute. Your Irish pillow is wonderful.

Maureen D said...

Wow. Lots of cute cross stitch. Lots of fun and a great week!

Becki said...

I love your little Irish pillow. And I love your idea of a Final Finish Friday!

Betsy said...

Yep, something lighter would be better and I think that's the top of the cats head isn't it?
You are so organized. I've been trying to do a meal plan for days now and it's still not done. I need to be more like you.
Blessings
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Your luck pillow is very pretty and I'm sure makes you smile. I'm going to be less specific on next years list as I have been so distracted by new unplanned things. Perhaps Halloween would be good to aim to have the wicked witch monkeys one finished by and if you miss that then Christmas is a back up.

Cousin Kay said...

I like the snowman! I think the tan/beige adds interest to the face. Maybe a bit lighter beige.

Cinna Knits said...

The Luck pillow is PERFECT!!! I love the applique on the back, it takes it OVER THE TOP!
I agree with the tan being a bit too dark, it makes it look more scarecrow than snowman. Perfectly fine it that was what you want, but they way you presented it makes it seem that you would be happier with a less contrasting beige.

Breathing Life said...

I love the expression - Don't make me call my flying monkeys! I think I will have to start using it!!

Well, it looks like your unfinished Year 10 list will be a great start for your Year 11! I like your idea of finish friday. I am knitting monogamously at the moment, but I will keep it in mind. My friend does frog friday - she frogs projects she is tired of, or bored of, or doesn't like. LOL. So great the days of the week can keep us on track!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your pillows are lovely. I have yet to even think about next year, but it is coming round very fast!