Monday, May 17, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #16 and Day #17

 I did not write a YOP post yesterday.  I had very little to post about so I just took a pass.  I was tired yesterday too.  Why I don't know as it seems I get little done in a day.  It makes me sad to think how much energy I had when I was younger.  I used to take the stairs 2 at a time and that was in my 40's!  The illnesses really changed me and my metabolism.  But I am pretty pain free and still ambulatory so I can't complain.  I did make my Mediterranean Salad yesterday.   Here's the the link to it It is really delicious and healthy and great for when it gets hot and you don't want to cook anything.

As for Stitch Maynia Day #16 I worked on All Things Bright and Beautiful by Lizzie Kate.  I only have 2 of the called for flosses so I need to place another order!  This is a perfect summertime stitch.

It's bigger than I thought but that's alright........not much progress on it yet

Today was Day #17 and it was the Suffrage Act by Little House Needleworks

I am using the called for colors and fabric.  The floss is hand-dyed and I am loving how it is working up......very enjoyable stitch so far...............

I got a photo of this little one at the feeder....they are so precious............

I've finished a few books lately..........they were all 4 stars............very enjoyable reads

This one even has an embroidery pattern for a set of dishtowels like the one on the cover..........lots of vintage loveliness

This one was fun to read about a girl growing up on a farm near Des Moines, Iowa in the 50's..........very well written...........with pictures!


Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre...I must be the only one in the world that hasn't read it.  I have had a set of classics for 50 years I think and it was in that set.  The print is tiny and it is not anything like I  thought it was....so far anyway.  I was looking to read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and I thought it was in those classics I had but I couldn't find it.  I'll have to order it from Thrift Books.  I need to pick out another magazine and non-fiction book.

I'm off to make some peanut butter cookies.....my sweet tooth is bugging me.  I hope your Monday is going well.  We've had some rain but nothing like what they predicted.

Happy Trails!!!


3 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I have never read Jane Eyre either. Your xstitch are always a joy to see.

Becki said...

I've never read Jane Eyre, but I have a small collection of different films of the story. That Mediterranean Salad looks amazing. I printed out the recipe! And that frolicking teacup embroidery looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional crypto trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Carlos Trading Signal for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 8,500usd with little investment funds. Carlos Trading Signal you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.