Saturday, May 8, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #8 and a Mother's Day gift!

 I went to work on today's Stitch Maynia piece and it wasn't in the bag!  I have no idea where it went.  I know it wasn't finished as the sequins were in there.  It was the Satsuma House Halloween cat ornament.  So, I dug out SM #9 and started working on it.  It is my only other new start this year for SM.  It is my 1st red sampler.......

Here is how much I have done..........

I got some lovely Mother's Day cards in the mail and a gift from my daughter and grands.............

They were popup cards.............

So pretty!

As for the gift................they got me these beautiful solar powered lanterns that have moons and stars on them............just having these people in my life is gift enough for me.

I got the brats cooked and now I'm going to cook up some bacon that will go in the potato salad and the baked beans for tomorrow.  Happy Mother's Day Eve!

Happy Trails!!!


5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute lantern!! Your people are special! Happy Mother's Day!

Miss Merry said...

Happy Mother's Day! I always love your daughter's gifts. She really knows you so well.

Betsy said...

Love those cards and the lantern is "you". Your daughter chooses the best gifts for you. :-)
I get to spend the afternoon with my mother-in-law, Mandy, Piper, Mandy's in-laws and brother-in-law. Family. We all love to spend time with each other so I'm really looking forward to it. We're all going to Mandy's after church for a ham dinner. We all chipped in and made part of the meal so it's not too much for anyone.
Happy Mother's Day Sam!
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy Mother's Day! Those lanterns are lovely. I love redwork and samplers. You should be able to stitch that one up pretty quickly. My ex-husband's last name was Griswold and it's the nickname my husband now calls me. Imagine having to explain to people why he calls me Griswold. ;)

HighlandHeffalump said...

What a cute lantern and the cards are so pretty opened up.