Friday, May 21, 2021

Stitch Maynia Day #21 and Final Finish Friday!

 I have decided Friday's are going to be "finishing things".....mostly craft projects that have languished or gotten buried underneath other craft projects!  I did do a final finish which I will show on YOP Sunday and then after that I pulled out a mini-quilt to finish.........I also set up a little ironing station on my kitchen counter as the pieces are small so no sense dragging out the big ironing board.............I just put a double folded towel down on my cutting board and my iron is sitting on an iron rest that's heat proof.

It's slow going because I have to cut out all the materials first and once again it is bending over my cutting mat and I can only do it for so long before my back needs a break.  I'm hoping to get all the cutting done today though.  I do have one square sewn but that's from a while ago.
 
My Stitch Maynia Day #21 is a free pattern from the Drawn Thread and it is in remembrance of 9/11...it's hard to believe it happened 20 years ago!  I just thought it would be nice to have a little something to bring out each year not that I could ever forget.

Here's what I have done.  I chose a tomato red which almost looks orange but I'm hoping the blue will tone it down a bit............

I also printed off a SAL called The Sewcialites which is free and has been going since last September....I'm a little late to the party.  But there are free quilt blocks put out every Friday by Fat Quarter Shop and each block is by a different designer.  The blocks are labeled Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced. I figure I will start with the beginner blocks and move up from there.  Right now I am just printing it off with no plans to start anything.

Remember yesterday when I  mentioned having ordered from Country Stitches, Brenda Gervais's shop?  Well, her ears must have been ringing or someone tipped her off because today I got an email from her stating she had shipped all but one item which was out of stock but she refunded me the amount and the shipping.  PTL!!!  I am excited now!   

I hope you all are having a great Friday.  Do you have certain days when you do certain things?  Curious minds want to know!

Happy Trails!!!

 
 
 

8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

My mother always had a schedule and did certain things on certain days. She was very organized. I have trouble remembering what day it even is. LOL

Betsy said...

I could have written Merry's comment. My Mom also had set days for household chores. They were rarely changed. It seems I do a little of everything every day. I'm going to work on my menu planner so when Dennis gets back I have a set plan for meals. I like to know what we're having so to plan shopping better but I have let it go while living in the RV. Now that we're in a house and I'm cooking for Mom too, I need to be more organized. (I also need to lose a significant amount of weight gained mostly in the last year.)
I really like that kit to remember September 11. I can't imagine anyone ever forgetting exactly where they were and what they were doing when the first tower was hit. It was a tragedy.
I've done the same thing in setting up a small knitting station on the table or counter. It makes things much easier sometimes.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have tried to set my schedule to do certain things, certain days, like chores -- but never, ever do I stick to it. Except for the changing of bed sheets every Saturday, which I did today. :) My go-to red is always DMC 666.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You an me both! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I bet you'll lose that weight fast with all that you are doing!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'll have to look that one up! Thanks! I 'm too slow to follow a schedule but I like Flylady's Zones because you work a zone for 7 days and then switch to another so I just plug away and try and do at least something in that zone each day. The only problem is she really doesn't have zones for yard, garage or basement.....big ones for me!

Cousin Kay said...

I think our mothers' generation was more into a set schedule for different chores. My mother (your Aunt Edna) embroidered a set of dish towels with a chore for every day of the week. I only remember Monday and Tuesday which were Washing Clothes and Ironing.

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional crypto trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Carlos Trading Signal for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 8,500usd with little investment funds. Carlos Trading Signal you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.