Thursday, July 6, 2023

Birthdays!!!

 This is the month for birthdays!  Sam turned 16 yesterday, and Uriah turned 15 today.  Grayson's birthday is the 26th and Amy's is the 21st!   We usually celebrate when they come down.  Today I stripped the beds and put on clean linens.  Right after I finished, Amy called and said they won't be coming.  Sam's been  having problems with one of his legs and after doctors and x-rays they've determined he needs physical therapy twice a week for quite a while.  I'm glad he's getting help but sad they won't be coming down.  They think they might come down for Thanksgiving but we'll see.

Here's the guest bedroom........no, I did not make that quilt....it's Chinese....

I had to run up to Franklin this morning to mail some yarn back that wasn't the right kind....my mistake.

I came home and did laundry and made potato soup.........it's still cooking.....

and I did a little knitting this afternoon....

Oh, I discovered a new podcast that I adore...Sew Grateful plus she  has a blog Sunday's Child is Full of Grace.   She is delightful and does lovely cross stitch pieces plus she quilts and bakes.  I just love her!  If you need a lift of positivity just watch her podcasts!  She's a hoot!

and just a reminder............

Happy Trails!!!




7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I am sorry to hear your family is not coming this month. But glad to hear Sam is going to get help for his leg. What are you knitting?

Miss Merry said...

I am so disappointed for you. I know you were looking forward to visiting with them in person! But we will focus on Sam getting better and enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving together with everyone happy and healthy. You just need to get busy on those Advent gifts - one of my favorite blogs at Christmas time.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. You are such a sweet person. I do worry about you and am glad you are feeling so much better. I guess it is one foot in front of the other for both of us.

Between Me and You said...

Thanksgiving's a long time coming! Hope your grandson gets better with the right treatment. Your potato soup looks delish. Good weekend to you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So sorry you are not getting company. I know you look forward to their visits! Maybe you need to visit them!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...


Leftycrafter- I can't say as it might be a present for someone. Check YOP on Sunday and then you will know!

Miss Merry - You are right about the Advent gifts because I can send them home with them at Thanksgiving and save on postage! Yahoo!

Between You and Me - Are you not blogging anymore? I have to check you out again but I know I had a hard time commenting. I'll try again. I hope you have a great weekend too!

Far Side - I don't any trips anymore. I stay close to home.

Jeanna said...

I'm so sorry your family can't make the visit right now. Fingers crossed they will be there for Thanksgiving. I still have to try the soup. Your knitting looks very interesting.

Between Me and You said...

My laptop is now defunct and I only have my Kindle or phone with which to blog but I find both quite fiddly for posting!