Sunday, July 9, 2023

YOP Week #2 Year 13

 There's something about a new YOP year that is very motivating and I think I am off to a good start.

I finished sock #2 of my Christmas socks........

I worked on my Diamond Painting......love it...so much fun!

working on the border...

I also started The Big Snowy Owl although it took me about 4 tries to get it started properly.  I thought the big needles would be easier but they are not.  They are very fiddly.......but I finally got going on it...

I did one hexagon on the Seeing Stars blanket....I like it!  Marsha...this is what all the colored yarn is for...they say it looks rough around the edges but that once you join them together it disappears and is very even.........

I worked on Block of the Month #5 for the red and cream quilt but had some problems so I had to "unsew" as Far Side of Fiftie's daughter Jen says.  I thought I'd be able to finish for today but didn't quite make it........

 I worked on my Battenberg squares.   The cream colored yarn came in for the in between squares.  After a week's worth I weave in the ends which I will do tonight.

I haven't done any cross stitch but it will be coming back.  I'm going to use a decision wheel for determining what I will be working on.   There are many wheels out there, just Google decision maker.  I will have 2; one for XS and one for all my other crafts so nothing slips between the cracks.  

This coming week I hope to finish BOM #5 and cut out #6, work more on The Big Snowy Owl, the Seeing Stars blanket, Diamond Painting, some cross stitch, and the Battenberg Squares.

That should do it for this week!

Happy Trails!!!

 
 
 


11 comments:

Maureen D said...

Sounds like a busy week! I love sparkle socks for Christmas. Actually I'm enjoying the current sparkle trend as my most recent Sea Glass used sparkle yarn. Have fun with your decision maker wheels.

Miss Merry said...

Love all the projects!

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh all of those projects are lovely. Your socks are great and I can't wait to see that owl!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Unsewing is a thing:) You have lots of projects happening. I started a new project, it is a gift for Jen so I am not showing it on the blog. I will email you the photo one day soon...it is a pattern called Hush:)

Between Me and You said...

I've picked out a winter project inspired by your Star blanket but mine is knitting. It's called the Woven Carpenter Star Baby Blanket but I'm going to make mine bigger. Big needles hurt my hands. Mind how you go with yours.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I see you are still keeping very, very busy. I fly by the seat of my pants and never have much of a plan for anything. Right now, hiding from the heat and trying to use the supplies I have on hand. :)

Jeanna said...

You really got alot done last week. Loved the recap and seeing all of your projects.

Radka said...

Hi, you sent me a email asking what a water butt is, but you did not leave your email address for a reply.
Hi, so water butt is a large container for catching rain water; it is connected to a down pipe, which takes rain water from the roof of the house ( or any other outbuilding). Our ones are connected to the house, the shed, the garage, basically anywhere where we can collect rain water.
I hope this answers your question :-)
"Standard garden water butts can hold up to 200 litres of rainwater at a time, which can then be used to water plant pots and flowerbeds. Not only is it free water, it’s great for your plants as it’s rich in nutrients."

HighlandHeffalump said...

Goodness me you are off to a fabulous start. I guess this week is a good example of how cross-stitch is much slower to see progress on, as with a break from it you’ve ticked more items off. But I love your xs and all the things you make. (I see someone in the comments was telling you about what a water butt is. We get so much rain in the Highlands I have 2 large ones and a small one just off the roof of my 8’ x 6’ greenhouse roof. When we had our hot spell I used up 2 and recent days it’s been raining again so it’s filling up well again.)

Leftycrafter said...

seeing stars is going to be very earthy. Love it. Look at those socks! All sparkly and ready for Christmas. You got so many things worked on this week. The idea of a wheel to choose what to work on is ingenious!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a busy week! Neat socks, they make me want to pull out some Christmas yarn to make a pair. Can’t wait to see the granny project. That square is pretty. Jen @ CarolinaTales