Thursday, July 20, 2023

It's so humid my camera was steaming up!

 I did manage to get a picture of my hibiscus bloom and there are lots more buds on the plant too.  It took a couple tries because the camera lenses kept steaming up.  My windows are steamed up too in the mornings.  It was 78 F when I got up at 5:00 a.m.  It doesn't cool down much at night.

Today, I washed my hair, went to Walmart and picked up the groceries I ordered yesterday.  I came home and put everything away.   I treated myself  to some Hagendaus.....Dulce De Leche and coffee ice cream.  They won't last long! LOL!

I did order some knee pads as I cannot find my other ones but they were pretty bulky anyway.  The new ones are specifically for gardening and scrubbing floors on your hands and knees.  I didn't get much else done yesterday except I cleaned the tub and did a load of laundry. Oh, I also changed the sheets.

Today, I cleaned the toilet brushes.  I put them in a bucket of vinegar and let them soak for at least an hour and then I scrub out the brush holders with Krud Kutter and a little Dawn.  I need to go take the bathroom curtains down, dust and wash the windows.  

We're supposed to get another storm tonight and into tomorrow.  That is fine with me as long as we don't lose power.

I've been watching Knitty Natty podcasts.  She is so cute and does neat projects both crochet and knitting.  She had a 3 part series on organizing and planning to use your stash.   She gives links to all the patterns and information too.

I'm continuing with my rug hooking but I did cut myself on the gripper strips.  I had to tape a wound pad on it as it was bleeding.  I found a cover you can make/sew to put over it so you don't scratch/cut yourself.  I'm pretty sure I'll be making one!

I best go do my cleaning now....I feel like I'm finally making headway for a change.

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

It must be extremely humid for the camera lens to fog up. Our lows are in the 90s. No real relief from heat here. You have some deep cleaning happening. Do you do it one room at a time?

Jeanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanna said...

Your hibiscus is so pretty. The ones we had in Florida were that same color. I wish they would invent a magic wand for cleaning so we could spend more time creating. I told you that rug hooking bristle thing looked vicious.

Betsy said...

I'm so sorry that you cut yourself. I thought that thing looked dangerous. I'm so clumsy that I would be in the ER if I used that.
It's really humid here too. I had a bad migraine most of the day today so I wasn't outside much at all.
Take care my friend and stay cool.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a busy gal! Some craft are more dangerous than others! Stay safe!

Between Me and You said...

Looking forward to seeing your rug progress. That heat would carry me off I'm afraid!Keep cool.

Susan said...

I think you're a cleaning hero - love the name of that stuff "Krud Kutter "