Friday, July 14, 2023

I'm slow today...

 I was very productive yesterday so now today I'm not so much.  I'm cleaning but slowly.  Did I tell you I got some Hershey's Cinnamon candies for baking?  I got them at Walmart.  I got a recipe for Snickerdoodle Bread and it calls for them.  Here's a link to the recipe  I haven't made it yet so I can't give you a review but I will once I've tried it.

I don't know if I told you what  I was reading?  I finished Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas....I love all her books.  Now I'm reading Joy School by Elizabeth Berg...

I'm still reading Yukon Passage for my non-fiction........

and my magazine is The Wool Street Journal.  I  used to subscribe to this when I lived in Iowa and I belonged to a Rug Hooking Guild but when I moved here the only guild was about 3 hours away.  I was just getting started in rug hooking and now I am trying to get back into it.

I ordered some small projects to practice my hooking technique and I have books to help jog my memory thank goodness!   I lost a lot of my supplies when I moved so it's like starting over but at least I have my rug cutter which is an expensive piece that cuts the strips for you.  I do have quite a bit of wool as I used to go to Good Will up North and buy wool clothing and cut it up.  There's not a lot of wool down here...I wonder why? LOL!

I'm still working on Jim's XS and it's amazing how much you can get done when you focus On one piece!

Happy Trails!!!




5 comments:

Jeanna said...

The two major grocery stores close to me do not have the baking truffles but Walmart does. Unfortunately, if you can believe the website, our Walmart doesn't have the Chocolate Caramel. I'm still going to check. Some days are meant to just take it slow. You get so much accomplished even on the slow days. I forgot to anwer your question about whether I use a hoop while cross stitching. The answer is that it depends. I mostly use a Q-snap and sometimes I stitch in hand. I'm currently working another piece using the 40 count evenweave and I'm using a hoop. The reason for the hoop is that I couldn't find my smallest Q-snap and this project is another small one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That sounds like interesting bread! Yes there must have been a struggle with a dust machine here:)

Betsy said...

I've never seen cinnamon chips before! What will they think of next? I hired Miss Piper to vaccum for me today. My back was not up to the struggle and it needed doing. I traded her vacumming for a package of baby wipes for her "babies". (dolls) She sure loves her babies.
Take care and enjoy having a slow day.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

I love your meme. It goes with my current theme. Not only is my house a struggle, but our landscaping style is becoming abandoned vacant lot!

Susan said...

Love your XS project - how apt!